HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

If I submit a credit app today, does that mean I’m locked into current lease RV/MF, or can I submit today and if tomorrow they improve, use tomorrows numbers? I think I know the answer is the former, but figured I’d check.

I’m waiting to hear back from the @AutoCompanion team as their dealership is not willing to take the chance that Chrysler doesn’t give the rebate on the 23s so they are saying my only option is an ally lease or finance. I am hoping to get some sort of refund as neither one of those are good options for me.

Will keep the thread updated

And just to be clear this is their Midwest dealer. Their East dealer seemed to be putting deals through without issue.

Any other data points?

Confirmed a refund has been offered as an option. Can’t ask for much more than that. Appreciate the quick handling by @AutoCompanion !

2 Likes

Am I missing something where they are posting this?

This morning they posted that deals are going through

One additional lesson I learned is that additional features mean nothing. I had a $64K MSRP Rubi with 3 piece hard top and another one was a $68K MSRP Rubi with a sky one touch and Gobi color edition. Both cars got the same offers. ($57K-$60K). If I had known that before, I would have ordered a base model Rubi to flip. Anywho, flipping days are over. Not worth the hassle at all with the oversupply of jeeps. If you want to flip, flip it ASAP and get out. That’s my $0.02

3 Likes

I had 3 Jeep dealers that told me they weren’t interested in my 4XEs even though they had exactly 0 in their used car inventory. Just Bizarre. One dealer told me “these aren’t popular in this part of the country”. Autonation told me 4XEs are piling up and are hard to move so hence the plunge in the offer. If you are still trying to flip, good effing luck!

2 Likes

I think it’s been well established that most options did not work for flips… exceptions being cold weather or hard top in some areas. But also that if you get stuck with it to order features you can’t live without.

Best profits for a while were on stripper models but now at least in northeast you’d do better with one with cold weather and a hard top.

And yes the party is ending but it was a great run for many.

4 Likes

Crazy days guys… the party is more than over. While @AutoCompanion is refunding their broker fees, we have @AutoNinjas charging $1000 fee for base pre-order Rubis… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m still kinda confused - am I understanding correctly that rebates have stopped for 1 LC dealer but hasn’t for the other?

Can we all not panic until September numbers are out? That should happen any minute now.

As for financing, balloon loan seems like a good alternative. You do take the sales tax hit but you save a good chunk on the acquisition fee (balloon has a smaller fee). Gotta wait until around February for tax refund, but it may not be a terrible option to offset your tax burden. Not financial advice - do your own due diligence.

7 Likes

It appears that the gov has been slow to add some 23s to the list of vehicles that qualify for the tax credit, so CCAP has been sending back some applications. Some dealers appear to be taking a more conservative approach why things are sorted out.

2 Likes

It’s pretty well documented on LH that rebates can’t be locked…pretty much every broker states this outright as well what their refund policy is…

3 Likes

Quite an easy way to disincentivize flippers. Dealers are getting full msrp or over msrp on in stock units. It’s a $599 fee for people keeping it 12+ months. To me, a pretty damn good value on an in stock 4xe in this market.

The only people who have complained about it talk about their flipping margin being compressed. Similarly - feel free to take your business elsewhere, its a free market. Would way rather sell these to actual end consumers and not get hit with chargebacks rather than someone who will sell it the minute they get a CCap account number. Similarly (lol), if you wanted to flip these, we did 12% off on orders with a regular fee.

6 Likes

I never get it why people complain about broker fees. If you can get a better deal somewhere else go for it

12 Likes

out here acting like someone held a gun to their head to order a Jeep through a broker.

I don’t understand the people complaining about the new pricing. You’re telling me a I can get a trendy hip attractive SUV with leather, navigation, a banging sound system, cheap insurance, great gas mileage, 4WD, with room for a family that is ALSO a convertible for $5xx?

Go sign for an accord for the same price instead and see where that gets you in life. :man_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

Isn’t the charge back for the dealer, not you? Is the dealer getting the $599?

any one have updated ccap numbers info

Yes and does anyone have the new money factor sheet