HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

I’m still kinda confused - am I understanding correctly that rebates have stopped for 1 LC dealer but hasn’t for the other?

Can we all not panic until September numbers are out? That should happen any minute now.

As for financing, balloon loan seems like a good alternative. You do take the sales tax hit but you save a good chunk on the acquisition fee (balloon has a smaller fee). Gotta wait until around February for tax refund, but it may not be a terrible option to offset your tax burden. Not financial advice - do your own due diligence.

7 Likes

It appears that the gov has been slow to add some 23s to the list of vehicles that qualify for the tax credit, so CCAP has been sending back some applications. Some dealers appear to be taking a more conservative approach why things are sorted out.

2 Likes

It’s pretty well documented on LH that rebates can’t be locked…pretty much every broker states this outright as well what their refund policy is…

3 Likes

Quite an easy way to disincentivize flippers. Dealers are getting full msrp or over msrp on in stock units. It’s a $599 fee for people keeping it 12+ months. To me, a pretty damn good value on an in stock 4xe in this market.

The only people who have complained about it talk about their flipping margin being compressed. Similarly - feel free to take your business elsewhere, its a free market. Would way rather sell these to actual end consumers and not get hit with chargebacks rather than someone who will sell it the minute they get a CCap account number. Similarly (lol), if you wanted to flip these, we did 12% off on orders with a regular fee.

6 Likes

I never get it why people complain about broker fees. If you can get a better deal somewhere else go for it

12 Likes

out here acting like someone held a gun to their head to order a Jeep through a broker.

I don’t understand the people complaining about the new pricing. You’re telling me a I can get a trendy hip attractive SUV with leather, navigation, a banging sound system, cheap insurance, great gas mileage, 4WD, with room for a family that is ALSO a convertible for $5xx?

Go sign for an accord for the same price instead and see where that gets you in life. :man_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

Isn’t the charge back for the dealer, not you? Is the dealer getting the $599?

any one have updated ccap numbers info

Yes and does anyone have the new money factor sheet

FYI for those with Farrish orders. This comment (and the Lakeland dodge rant before it lol y’all aren’t “real people”) would lead one to believe they’re anti flip. Something to be careful with.

1 Like

correct, but having a ton of chargebacks can get you kicked out of a store.

1 Like

black 3 piece hard top (or painted one) is cheap enough and expands your buyer base. Some dealers up north won’t touch a wrangler with a soft top. Probably only option I’d advocate for as a must. Opt for skytop if you actually intend on keeping it for a reasonable amount of time. Its an amazing feature.

3 Likes

I was just waiting for someone to ask that question. :man_facepalming:

Broker deals are (99% of the time) reliant on the relationship between the broker and said dealer. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you; continually supplying customers which result in chargebacks (when the dealer is blatantly against it), would be just that.

My God, whoever is posting for Farrish on that forum has some of the most grating responses I’ve seen. Dealers need to take a closer look at who’s allowed to get in front of a forum before they let them loose on a keyboard. Some people just aren’t meant for it.

5 Likes

Hahaaa
Or when they tell you go order with Koons :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Coats soft top with epoxy…

I really don’t get the hate from some dealers - if they get chargebacks and/or don’t like them why not just ask people to not sell early or sign something saying they won’t. Maybe even take an additional $250, etc deposit that’s refunded after 90 days, 180 days, etc. I’ve talked to at least 6-7 dealers over the past year + and none of them mentioned anything about keeping a set amount of time (though I didn’t end up buying so maybe that came later)

Lol…an official memo from the general manager. Hopefully all the fake people take heed!

I think an official response from the fake people which points out how they charge “Jeep Lovers” the highest doc fees of any volume dealer on the discount circuit is in order.

2 Likes