HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

Why then doesn’t CCAP raise the rv ?

Long time lurker, first time poster. I read through the whole thread, then ordered one back in late March through Clutch. The Jeep was shipped to the Southern dealer on 5/27. It had an ETA of 6/20 (through the Jeep tracker site), which turned to TBD last night. I asked the dealer this morning if they had a more accurate ETA and was told it was in a rail yard with 10 to 14+ days to go.–“Pending” data point for you there. Now for my question:

What insurance coverages does CCAP require for these? Im sure this will be up there on a brand new vehicle with an MSRP just south of $70k. What are you all doing to “hack”/minimize that cost? I’m looking to keep, not flip. I’m out in central CA if that makes a difference.

@SeaBass

Most lease companies require 100/300 on liability minimum, and comp/collision of course. I think CCAP includes Gap. So nothing else needed. Just the liability limit it the one to make sure of.

Only hack we had was multi car discount on USAA

1 Like

Does CCAP require the 100/300? This will be my first lease and generally have carried a 50/100 policy.

As a 3rd party bank, they may be more risk adverse

It seems everyone recently , including myself, who have ordered from one of the southern dealers are taking forever to get their Jeeps delivered to the dealerships.

Waiting for a train/rail assignment is the worst. Then waiting for it to get from a rail yard over to the dealership is another big suck.

I see responses here for people waiting a month or more after their Jeep has been built to make it to the dealership .

I know, i know - I’m impatient but never will i order again from one of those southern state dealerships :laughing: :laughing:

Not the one obviously in Pennsylvania, but Nashville is on Facebook below:

We do trail rides together often sorted into new, intermediate and advance. They also have a school to go to periodically with live trail instruction.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been waiting now a bit over 2 weeks for trx to get to ne dealer.

TRX is a different animal. Those come from Michigan and like going to storage for a month or two before getting to the dealer :joy:

1 Like

@TheBigTuna

The problem is the delay has a financial impact. It’s possible July’s numbers will be atrocious. And if that happens - it could mean these delays could cost thousands of dollars. I would have happily purchased from Gupton or someone else if I believed the impact to the timeline was significant….

If you bought from Gupton it could be behind a bunch of other orders with 3-4 weeks of being on the lot. Tough to say where you’re better off ordering for post build delay.

1 Like

What’s worse is when you live in michigan, and can’t go pick up your truck from the factory or have a courtesy delivery done nearby. Now it has to go all the way to VA just to come all the way back home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know Gupton’s current backlog? Mine hit their lot on 6/17, wondering when I can expect the paperwork.

Mine landed a couple days earlier. Got the email from Walter today. So probably very soon.

Doesn’t Gupton do docu sign? Theoretically, if your car lands, you could call them to expedite and complete paperwork this month and just schedule pick up in a week or two, or would they not do that?

10 days for me, arrived on 5/6 and heard from Renee on 5/16. Took a while longer to get the paperwork since I was shipping. Heard it is much faster if you’re picking up.

This! I live ~2hrs from the plant - I happened to stop at the Corvette museum/plant driving home from Gupton and was very jealous of their optional program to pickup at the factory. They had VIP status and drove the car out of the museum.

4 Likes

That’s a good question. In the intro email, they just say “remote signing”. But even if it’s on paper, it’s just a two day turnaround.

Does anyone have current MMR information on Rubicon 4XE? Getting close to having to make a decision on whether to keep or flip!