HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

Can you elaborate on the turn in vs sell point? Should I sell it shortly before the turn-in deadline, or should I buy out the lease and then sell immediately after the turn-in?

No point in buying it yourself to turn around and sell it if you dont have to. When you get towards the end of the lease, just get some purchase quotes and compare it to your 3rd party buyout.

1 Like

You’re probably have some equity in the Jeep-they hold value pretty well, so turning it in will “leave money on the table” as when you sell it you get to keep the “extra” $$$

Your sentence doesn’t really make sence- “should I buy out the lease and then sell immediately after the turn-in?” If you buy out the lease-there’s no turn in…

Sorry, I meant “buy out the lease at the turn-in deadline and then turn around and sell it myself”.

1 Like

You don’t have to buy it out, just sell it before turn in and avoid additional taxes and fees.

How do you find these events? Where to look for them?

Has anyone run into (or heard of) a limit to how many CCAP leases will be approved for one person in a certain time frame? Like if a person holds each leased vehicle 90+ days to stay on the good side of the dealer, is it really possible to order, get approved for, and flip through four 4xes spanning a full year?

I flipped two in the past year, but now I have one left that I really like (initially saw as a keeper and have a very low monthly payment on), and while I’m not overly concerned with the MF related price increases, I am hesitant to let it go out of fear CCAP will flat out refuse to lease me another lol

Feel free to PM if posting here isn’t best. I appreciate any insight

Interested in other input here but It seems as if this depends on the dealer and/or the individual (dti, credit, etc).

The dealers who have no problem with flippers it seems you can do more whereas those who frown upon it (or make you sign something) you’re more at risk.

I think you’re totally right on both points, but my concern is really just with CCAP I think. It seems the dealers are generally cool as long as you hold 90+ days and give 100% on their surveys. DTI, credit score, etc. should be just about as solid for flip #4 as they were for flip #1 as long as no payments were late and you didn’t mess up your finances elsewhere.

But CCAP seems like the wild card. I’m worried they’ll just look at my account and be like 3 closed accounts in 9 months and you want another?..nah lol

Why would they say that though? As long as you’re not delinquent on your payments and have your finances in order you should get approved just like the last three. More Stellantis vehicles on the road = more vehicles financed through CCAP = win/win for CCAP and Stellantis

I agree with this. They get paid fees and interest regardless. Not bad business for them either.

Has it been confirmed that all dealers get dinged on the 90 day thing? I’ve had 3 total this year (2 under me and 1 as co-signer) and none of the dealers ever mentioned a minimum holding period. I’ll gladly keep whatever they ask, but they’ve never asked :man_shrugging:

CCAP has no issue with it, but when the finance managers see multiple accounts closed in a short period of time they know you are planning on flipping so give a hard time to approve.

I’ve known about the Bantam Heritage Jeep festival for years. I believe it’s one of the largest in the country and quite close to me as well. You could start by looking at the regional forums here;

1 Like

Can anyone provide insight to how long shipping takes? Car is going to GA.

Thanks

1 Like

It’s in the CCAP dealer documentation they might be charged back. $250 as well as any MF markup commission But some dealers don’t care if they’ve made money elsewhere or on volume.

1 Like

We also live in a time where any dealer would love inventory and a shady one would certainly find any excuse they can.

2 to 20 weeks

2 Likes

On the buy versus turn in conversation, the answer is it depends on the market at that time of turn in. A lease is nice because you create a floor for equity but no ceiling. If the market dumps, walk away. If the market holds or goes up, cash in. I just paid off a Mercedes C300. Residual was around 60% I think. Actual value around 90%. That’s a boat load of equity. But this is also a once in a lifetime market.

In the miles topic, If you are new to leasing - aim high. The price per mile gets baked into the residual and ends up being half of the cost of overage. If you plan to pay it off and keep it doesn’t matter. But if you want flexibility in case the market dumps - bake it in. On some leases (I don’t know how CCAP handles), but some will buy back the miles at the end of the lease if you have leftover. If you pay it off, the lower residual simply equates to equity. But the one scenario you can get hosed is if you ARE over miles and the market is bad and you have no equity. I would hedge against that scenario.

This is definitely true, however, the wranglers historically have equity at lease end, even in “normal” market conditions, so its less risk.