HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

If I get good service I complete a survey and continuing working with that individual/business. If bad, I vote with my $. Those that can’t provide good service or not deliver on promised the inflated survey scores will not save them. They’ll eventually hang themselves once given enough rope.
I appreciate this community and all the good information and deals shared by brokers and community members. I will make sure to express my appreciation with business, kind words, and gifts (real or virtual).
Thank you OG OP @vinny
Thank you @Clutch and his South Dealership (most professional and efficient dealership)
Thank you to each of the heavy contributors for educating folks on contracts and MMR info.
Ok, now you can play me off

Oscars Statuette GIF by The Academy Awards

2 Likes

What’s the flavor of the month of selling a used car to another private party as of late? the 4xe is coming in a few weeks and I need to sell our current LR3 to make room. With 150k it’s of no interest to Vroom, Carvana, etc. I’m guessing FB marketplace, CL, etc?

that might explain why my fully loaded 4xe has been sitting unbuilt too. it has both radar and camera and the sky one roof

@CT_Jeep Let us put a number on it

1 Like

You dont see the any issue with ghosting an organization you committed to? The investment the company made to offer you a role/position and expectation of you showing up on x day but then no response aka “ghosting them” is no different from a moral perspective.

Unless you only have a moral obligation to an entity when it benefits you. To be clear you made profit via Gupton and them potentially cutting off lease hackers would impact your pockets therefore you stand on high ground to fight for them but see no issue with accepting an offer but then not showing. What if the lead was via a broker to the big “x” corporation did you not just impact their standing with the company…

Maybe me and you have different definition of ghosting. I told the hiring manager I would not be moving forward with their offer. I would never no call no show, but I have no qualms about “leading on” a billion dollar company for a 20-30% pay raise.

5 Likes

Ah then we definitely do. As one who hires quite often “ghosting”

is the opposite of what you desribe above.

5 Likes

Declining an offer is definitely not ghosting.

Ghosting in this case would be accepting the offer and then just not showing up on day one. A lesser version would be to just cut off communication after receiving an offer.

From all the hiring folks ive talked to, its becoming very common among the current generation of new grads to accept offers and just not show up. Like 50% of the time in my industry (aerospace).

5 Likes

Ghosting is never ok. It happens on both sides of the field. In my late job search, I told another offer 3 days before starting. I called the recruiter within the hour and let her know. Fast forward to pandemic times and I was ghosted on a pending offer. Recruiter said offer we’d incoming and poof! You’re either inconsiderate or a coward. It’s a (mostly) free market; businesses don’t think twice about similar decisions. My advice to young engineers is always to think of themselves as a business.

To me the survey has nothing to do with facts. It’s obvious that’s the price they are asking you to pay. Play or sit out.

Its obvious to us. Its definitely not obvious to the average consumer that stumbles across a deal listing on a forum, etc.

1 Like

A recruiter is a salesman at the end of the day and will say/do anything to close the deal. SImilar to a car salesman/dealer. My only gripe with what was said earlier was the word “ghosting” whic would apply to both sides. In the IT industry it has become a very normal practice amongst the younger generation and in my opinon its no way to build your career. The reality is as soon as you accpet and start at the next company and of course brag on social we understand what has happened.

1 Like

sent… Can’t hurt to inquire but some of the work done on it like air-to-coil Suspension conversion will be more appreciated by an LR hobbyist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah if dealer doesn’t mention otherwise i would expect them to give it at msrp because thats the price customer sees and walks in. If you have a $4500 aftermark fee (it is called aftermarket even on the contract) it should have been communicated to customer at the time of the order.

Again i am not saying illegal etc. It is just unethical way of tricking your customer and getting an extra unit in their inventory

May I suggest we intro another tier of LH with privacy only allowing posters after they reach a certain post count or something to protect some of these deals that are just being ruined by some @michael @littleviolette

5 Likes

There’s more than a few people that come on here and lurk without posting at all. They gather whatever information they need to replicate the deals with the dealers provided. I’m guessing this group of “lurkers” is what’s throwing a wrench in a lot of what’s being done. There are several times people have PM’d me for info without ever posting in the respective thread.

2 Likes

I will say that Renee was very blunt with me about the importance of the customer satisfaction survey. She explicitly stated “Jeep survey responses are absolutely vital to us being able to continue offering huge discounts on these vehicles. If for any reason you don’t feel like you can leave all perfect scores for us, please reach out to me and we will do everything in our power to make sure you feel fully satisfied with your purchase from us.” I certainly don’t know that she says that to every customer, but I would imagine that it’s something she stresses to each leaser/buyer. If this is the case, then I think it’s only fair that someone getting 9%+ off MSRP should at least respect her request and make an effort to put perfect scores on the satisfaction survey.

2 Likes

1 star for your dealer because manufacturers aren’t able to deliver it on time is absolutely nuts - this person needs mental checkups

This ain’t a Rolex where AD and manufacturers are actively tryna restrict supply

The dealers who got me even slight discount since 2020 I made it sure to leave them 5 star everywhere. Even went ahead and got them coffee and donuts for next morning it’s just a way to say thanks. Rather than leave 1 star - like WTFFFF

It’s not like they didn’t do usual dealer shenanigans but I can ignore it because they gotta make $$$ but even then big discount on this market is a rarity

its not enough

excellent lets shoot for 40% next year!

you really need to read up on what companies and recruiters do to applicants on a daily basis. spend some time over at r/antiwork.

yes and what you don’t understand is that no one cares what the company thinks any longer. times have changed and workers aren’t interested in companies because companies have shown time and time again that they’ll dispose of them at the first chance they get.

1 Like

That’s not ghosting, that’s stand up negotiating. It is becoming increasingly rare, and you will end up making a lot more doing that (and your reputation will be better).

1 Like

Every time I read a thread there, I’m reminded how absolutely disconnected from reality some people are.

5 Likes