HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

Ghosting is never ok. It happens on both sides of the field. In my late job search, I told another offer 3 days before starting. I called the recruiter within the hour and let her know. Fast forward to pandemic times and I was ghosted on a pending offer. Recruiter said offer we’d incoming and poof! You’re either inconsiderate or a coward. It’s a (mostly) free market; businesses don’t think twice about similar decisions. My advice to young engineers is always to think of themselves as a business.

To me the survey has nothing to do with facts. It’s obvious that’s the price they are asking you to pay. Play or sit out.

Its obvious to us. Its definitely not obvious to the average consumer that stumbles across a deal listing on a forum, etc.

1 Like

A recruiter is a salesman at the end of the day and will say/do anything to close the deal. SImilar to a car salesman/dealer. My only gripe with what was said earlier was the word “ghosting” whic would apply to both sides. In the IT industry it has become a very normal practice amongst the younger generation and in my opinon its no way to build your career. The reality is as soon as you accpet and start at the next company and of course brag on social we understand what has happened.

1 Like

sent… Can’t hurt to inquire but some of the work done on it like air-to-coil Suspension conversion will be more appreciated by an LR hobbyist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah if dealer doesn’t mention otherwise i would expect them to give it at msrp because thats the price customer sees and walks in. If you have a $4500 aftermark fee (it is called aftermarket even on the contract) it should have been communicated to customer at the time of the order.

Again i am not saying illegal etc. It is just unethical way of tricking your customer and getting an extra unit in their inventory

May I suggest we intro another tier of LH with privacy only allowing posters after they reach a certain post count or something to protect some of these deals that are just being ruined by some @michael @littleviolette

5 Likes

There’s more than a few people that come on here and lurk without posting at all. They gather whatever information they need to replicate the deals with the dealers provided. I’m guessing this group of “lurkers” is what’s throwing a wrench in a lot of what’s being done. There are several times people have PM’d me for info without ever posting in the respective thread.

2 Likes

I will say that Renee was very blunt with me about the importance of the customer satisfaction survey. She explicitly stated “Jeep survey responses are absolutely vital to us being able to continue offering huge discounts on these vehicles. If for any reason you don’t feel like you can leave all perfect scores for us, please reach out to me and we will do everything in our power to make sure you feel fully satisfied with your purchase from us.” I certainly don’t know that she says that to every customer, but I would imagine that it’s something she stresses to each leaser/buyer. If this is the case, then I think it’s only fair that someone getting 9%+ off MSRP should at least respect her request and make an effort to put perfect scores on the satisfaction survey.

2 Likes

1 star for your dealer because manufacturers aren’t able to deliver it on time is absolutely nuts - this person needs mental checkups

This ain’t a Rolex where AD and manufacturers are actively tryna restrict supply

The dealers who got me even slight discount since 2020 I made it sure to leave them 5 star everywhere. Even went ahead and got them coffee and donuts for next morning it’s just a way to say thanks. Rather than leave 1 star - like WTFFFF

It’s not like they didn’t do usual dealer shenanigans but I can ignore it because they gotta make $$$ but even then big discount on this market is a rarity

its not enough

excellent lets shoot for 40% next year!

you really need to read up on what companies and recruiters do to applicants on a daily basis. spend some time over at r/antiwork.

yes and what you don’t understand is that no one cares what the company thinks any longer. times have changed and workers aren’t interested in companies because companies have shown time and time again that they’ll dispose of them at the first chance they get.

1 Like

That’s not ghosting, that’s stand up negotiating. It is becoming increasingly rare, and you will end up making a lot more doing that (and your reputation will be better).

1 Like

Every time I read a thread there, I’m reminded how absolutely disconnected from reality some people are.

5 Likes

who the employees or the employers?

The people posting in that subreddit

1 Like

you should read it a few more times then. there’s a lot of work on employees fighting for their rights and taking back some power from these small business tyrants and corporate monstrosities that have been breaking the backs of workers for decades now.

1 Like

You’re not helping your argument

6 Likes

I actually called these clowns about selling my Jeep. I’m half sure they were one of the dealerships who insisted that I either have to come on down for a quote. Instead, they just threw me into checking out KBB website for a range. They didn’t even consider the situation is a new car practically. With gas prices now and the Jeep getting around 17 mixed, I’m not going to waste both my gas and time for this nonsense. What is up with these traditional dealerships who insist you come back for an actual physical check? I explained to a few of them that other places can give you a somewhat realistic number before seeing it in person so I don’t understand why they can’t do it. I never got a real answer but these places are like dinosaurs. I was always referred to a used car manager every single time.

As with other people suggesting, just order from a broker like Clutch and wait 2-3 months or so for your order to arrive. There’s something about these Jeep dealerships in LA in general who seem to be staffed with douche bros for some reason.

3 Likes

At the risk of sounding stupid, is there a website which allows you to plug in a Wrangler VIN to see the invoice price and/or Affiliate/F&F discount price?

So so true….

horses for courses