HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Gorgeous! I assume this was an in stock unit? How was your deal?

Sold to local Jeep dealership for $55,500.

Sahara, cold weather + safety

Ordered in June
MSRP at the time of order $55715
$56985 at the time of delivery

Buyout was $45,925

It was a fun couple of months !

16 Likes

10k in equity and a summer with a wrangler. Living the dream lol

4 Likes

That was one of my debates previously ha. It is a valid point!

Have to be a bit sad to see her go? Nice color.

Looks good. I have a sarge sahara on order. Couldn’t resist the sot on it though.

for sure. got so many compliments on the color. i almost backed out when i got to the dealership until we started talking numbers again haha. nonetheless, it is a bittersweet day.

2 Likes

Interesting that a Jeep dealership paid that much for it. They basically paid more for a used vehicle than they would for a new vehicle from the factory. Must be desperate for cars and know they can still profit.

ALgo picked mine up today.

2 Likes

The dealer can turn it around and sell it this weekend for $60k, easy.

Been reading the posts and planning to order a 22 soon. But, just checked the latest status on the BBB bill and it looks like Joe Manchin is against the rebate for UAW made vehicles. This could mean that the senate version of the bill will probably undergo changes. The rebate can go as low as 4k for PHEVs if that’s the case.

It could go to zero too.

I hope not 22 units LOL

1 Like

You think that resale value for the 4xe is high now, imagine it if the full $7,500 was yanked out of the equation on the new units.

2 Likes

It would lose the whole point, nobody is going to pay 55k for a base Sahara, or maybe they will…

They clearly are because they are buying them USED for pretty much full retail or MSRP+

2 Likes

How many 4xe’s are sold where the customer isn’t even aware of the tax credit. :face_with_monocle: Not all dealers are exactly advertising it. Heck, the one I went to early summer didn’t know the credit existed, or at least pretended so.

Also, these are selling for over MSRP in areas. The 7,500 bucks isn’t life altering when you’re starting thousands above the price it should be.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/this-is-the-car-that-dealers-overcharge-for-the-most/ar-AAQM27y?ocid=msedgntphdr

Average 28% mark up apparently

Considering you will have little money invested in an order and can always back out, not sure why you’d hold off on ordering based on random political speculation. There’s a very good chance the '22 could get delivered before any bill is passed anyway – no matter the details.

4 Likes

Based on CA, so it’s going to be 500 that I will lose with a deposit . Wondering if things will be bit more clear in two weeks time about the bill, and it’s reasonable to wait till then to place the order. Manufacturing will start in December, so I am assuming two weeks is not a bad time to wait?