HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

The car needs to be registered/titled first.

You cannot pick up the car at the dealer and drive it straight to Carmax lol

1 Like

Have some fun with it before you flip.

The Sahara has a nicer ride and is quieter, but not to a huge degree. The leather in the Sahara compared to cloth in the Rubicon does make a big difference in the interior if you don’t option leather. The Rubicon gas engine seems to come on a lot more often in typical driving, probably due to the gearing. I enjoy driving the more rugged feeling Rubicon more, but it sounds like the Sahara would better suit your needs.

4 Likes

Rubicon is the best looking one but if you not a serious off-roader, it just makes no sense to pay for those features and live with those features that will not be used.

2 Likes

Never traded in something untitled or unregistered before but this makes sense… however, when I called the local Carmax the business center told me they can buy it without title or registration. Any truth to this or when I bring it in I’ll be hung up somewhere along the process.

You need to wait 30 days for the car to have history to trade it in.

Due to the carfax report not showing anything.

Really? 30-day is kind of risky for flipping because banks can change their policies at any time.

Can you cite your sources? That’s not accurate as far as I know.

this is how people get burned trying to flip a lease. always assume you might have to keep it!

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t hear the 30 days part but when I took mine to Carmax without plates they checked Autocheck report and didn’t see any entries.

The guy told me they need to see at least one entry on the report to buy it. The first entry is usually after you get registration.

Here’s what Carvana told me via text prior to my 4xe bring registered:

"Hi, it looks like we cannot move forward with your appraisal due to there being no trace of your vehicle on Autocheck. We will need you to call AC to update their records. "

Has anyone considered selling, a wrangler or otherwise, through TRED? This is mainly to California friends who can avoid the sales tax.

2 Likes

I know, right? I actually went ahead with different car but still have my order waiting to be built. If this 30-day is real then probably will not take delivery.

I called a few two different carmax’s and that is what they told me, I have one that I am about to take delivery of and plan on flipping.

Also last year I had a camaro lt1 and when I went in to get an appraisal he would not do it because he said there was no history report and it takes 1 month to show up.

This could be wrong, it could take a shorter amount of time but that is what I was told.

I don’t think it’s real, it’s likely just highly dependent on how long your specific state takes to process the registration. then it will show up on the vin’s history. I can see some states where that takes 30 days.

1 Like

I was going to list my Hellcat on Tred still had 6 months of payments left on my lease but I listed it myself for 5 bucks on CarGurus. Sold the next day. Requested payoff from CCAP according to the pay off statement this was for the leasees payoff only but the 3rd party made the payment to them for the amount listed. I called CCAP and they said my account was closed and paid off and the account went to the title dept. So they could send me the Title. All and all seamless transaction and I made 15k equity on my lease. So this Jeep lease is almost scott free! :grin:

3 Likes

Oh nice! So let me get this straight, the third party person who was buying your Hellcat paid CCAP directly in cash? I’m interested in using TRED because it allows individuals to purchase it out, holding their money in Escrow vs selling to a company like Carvana who’s a middleman.

Yeah they overnighted a cashiers check to CCAP and gave me a cashiers check for the difference in my selling price and rolled off the same day.

1 Like

Gas version of course but first Xtreme recon package vehicle I have seen pictured at a dealer

5 Likes

Dealer just emailed me. Jeep has arrived. Time to look for a flight to Az from L. A.

2 Likes