HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Another boooooo hisssssss is called for here!

1 Like

This is what I’m worried about with my order (CA). If I end up with nearly an extra $1000 DAS it’s going to suck.

Edit: Actually is it based on dealer region or customer region? Probably asked somewhere in here already…

1 Like

Customer region.

1 Like

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Don’t have a jeep myself but I’ve heard that this is a common thing because of the shape of the body so might be good to add the glass coverage, just in case it happens again.

Also have had my fair share of rock hits on my M340i windshield going from Seattle down to Renton on I-5 but haven’t had a chip yet thankfully :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Not sure if it was mentioned here before. But if you became member with Tread Lightly, you must be in the $100 tier. You will need to upgrade to the $100 tier. I was working on finalizing my deal and had the $50 tier and need to upgrade. GL.

If there is one positive to Florida insurance it’s that any policy that has comprehensive on it has to include windshield replacements with a zero dollar deductible. Of course, the cost for that is in there :slight_smile:

My wife’s car just got a stone chip that grew to 10 or 12 inches long almost immediately. I checked the cost to replace it without insurance…$1700. So, onto insurance it went. They will be sure to get that $1700 back times two or three over the next few years I am sure…

1 Like

What about if we did Access Fund linked on this OP? I only donated $50 for the membership. Is that the same thing?

Access fund is good. But tread lightly gave me a cool t-shirt and some stickers. I don’t know if access fund can match.

Same cool tshirt and stickers🤪

1 Like

Some good looking jeeps

https://instagram.com/brute.jeeps?utm_medium=copy_link

Do out of region dealers charge that as well, or the base $595?

It’s not by dealer it’s by client location

Is it smarter to do 39 month over 36 in ohio. I read 39 its waived in ohio. Won’t keep it the full lease

MF is much higher

I wouldn’t after I ran the numbers

2 Likes

Right, am I wrong to assume that its up to the dealer’s discretion to mark up the acq fee? So, the out of region dealers…they can pass on the base $595 fee? Example, Gupton, where there is no fee.

I don’t understand

The acq fee is set by CCAP and is based on the region of the buyer

If you live in a region that has an acq fee, regardless of where you buy, you’ll pay it.

The contract will have issues if the dealer misses it

So CCAP sets the $895 tag for NE or at least Mass, not the base $595?

CCAP sets the acquisition fee based on the region of the buyer and this fee ranges from $0 to $1195 to the best of my knowledge. There is nothing that anyone can do about it since it is based on the buyers address.

That makes sense now, thank you. I always thought the fee was $595 and the dealer marked it up to X depending on region.

I surely wish jeep did not take this approach as it leads to a terrible amount of confusion. The fact that they change this month to month region to region and lease term to lease term is just untenable in my opinion.