HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Obviously you can’t read either, the thread is how to get a deal, Clutch is a big part of that, so I’m not sure wtf you are getting at. Calling me an idiot probably gets you nowhere.

1 Like

I obviously know that. I was responding to that guy about reading the first post of the thread that had nothing about how clutch operated. Sorry for asking a user about his experience using clutch to order a 4xe in a…4xe deal thread lolz

Apologies. I didn’t quite understand your complete perspective! I hope that you get all of the information that you need :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ordered green and am on the fence about it, now thinking I would’ve liked a Hellayella or brighter color, this pic looks cool tho

Something I thought about while looking at these, in addition to the subsequent price hikes: There’s a $5,500 difference in price between the base Wrangler and Base Gladiator. There’s a $22,980 price difference between a base Wrangler and a Base Wrangler 4xe. What the hell are they going to charge when the inevitable 4xe Gladiator comes out? If these price differences held true you would be looking at upwards of $80k for a Rubicon version of a plug-in hybrid mid sized truck.

Updating to make a more apples to apples comparison since the “Base” 4xe is actually a Sahara which is $11,555 more expensive than a ICE Sahara with no options. I think the point still stands though. You’d be looking at a 17k premium for a Gladiator Overland 4xe with no options if they used a similar pricing formula. Tax credit or no, that’s bananas.

1 Like

Knowing jeep, wouldn’t be surprising at all, LOL

1 Like

I am not following your math.

If I look at HA, there is only a $6k difference between the 4xe and ICE versions. That is more than made up for by the fed rebate. For all we know, the difference between 4xe and ICE gladiator overland could be similar.

I wonder why the price difference is so much more dramatic on the Sahara then?

I’d have to check again, but I seem to recall comparing previously and finding some equipment standard on the 4xe Sahara that is optional on the ICE Sahara.

Yup, for example Alpine premium audio, Leather trimmed seats and the 8.4 screen with NAV are standard for 4xE but are not for the regular Wrangler Sahara.

3 Likes

Of course, why would jeep make the Sahara trim level the same trim level across all of the wranglers? :blush:

3 Likes

Welp. 4xE is no longer new - rock chip on I-5 yesterday spidered to a 5" crack before I could get off the highway two miles later. Sigh.

Those small cracks can be repaired but not the big ones.

It seems that you are on the hook for a new windshield.

Won’t work for you, but if you have a small crack/chip repair it immediately just so it doesn’t spider

Yep - I don’t have full glass because in 18 years of driving, I’ve never even so much as had a chip. I’m looking to see if I can get Gorilla glass this go around even though I don’t have it OEM.

I did have a shop fill it with resin so it won’t spread further while I wait for a repair.

Effective 8/3 - Acq fee is now $895 for Northeast. Used to be $695.

That’s a big thumbs down partner.

2 Likes

Is there a search function to find out what business center a zip code is in?

This raises a related question: is the acquisition fee (either waiver or price) applied from what is in effect from the date of the order or date of the delivery?

Unfortunately it is my understanding it is what is in effect at the date of delivery. In other words, an acquisition fee waiver is not lockable :frowning:

1 Like

Delivery yes