HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Would the fair majority of this site even have a purpose, if every buyer were to purchase through a broker…? :sweat_smile: I’ve contributed towards LH and I offer (free) advice when I can. Most of us are playing the same game here… the thrill of the hunt, the passion for vehicles, and $$$$$.

2 Likes
  1. Just because you haven’t seen deals out of an area, doesn’t mean that they don’t exist.

Why pay a broker fee when you can often do the deal yourself? The 4xe, for example, literally had a dealer advertising his offer on here awhile back… for “free”. I also haven’t paid a shipping fee for any vehicle that I have purchase; it it risky enough getting the vehicle to the dealership unharmed, let alone throw another party into the mix. That’s not my game.

Absolutely correct. 4% behind invoice can be a better deal than the 8.5% off of MSRP, as it was in my last deal. I was actually at 4.5% behind, so even better…

1 Like

I agree - they can certainly exist if you look high and low and a couple of dealers are on here offering their services w/o a broker fee. As for shipping, that’s a personal preference and typically also translates into time / value proposition including the fact that costs incurred going to pick up the vehicle would need to be accounted for.

Where did you get this deal from and why were you not understanding how people were making a profit on these?

Why thread crap on Brokers…they are helpful to people who need it…if you don’t need there help good for you…but others find them very helpful.

2 Likes

Depending on MSRP you are correct. A guy recently posted a deal he got in Texas at 4% behind invoice and it looked like 7.5% off MSRP.

Paying 200-500 dollars to get a car and not have to speak to a salesperson is well worth the money IMO. Especially the type that inhabit most CDJR dealerships.

18 Likes

Agreed for sure

HAHA! I WILL give you that. CDJR are probably some of the worst that I’ve had to work with.

It is not talking down on anyone. Brokers absolutely have a place, and many are very helpful on this site… again, often times for free. People had commented on my axing the broker fee in the estimate & I explained.

All the brokers on LH provide value with the baselines they set with regards to discounts regionally and across many brands :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, on my latest deal I had 8.56% (we’re splitting hairs here LOL). I ended up at 14.06% off of MSRP by the time all was said and done, with my other rebates/incentives.

1 Like

I paid a broker fee and still made 6k+ profit after all costs (1k deposit, ~600 shipping, 400 broker fee, registration, etc.).
Depends on the deal.

About to take delivery on a keeper. Decisions decisions on lease vs buy. Thinking buy with the new RV. Tax season is right around the corner so no concern there. Sales tax is pretty low.

Idk how people can say not worth it or impossible to flip. The 9k equity check i got last Friday from carmax begs to differ lol

11 Likes

I was able to flip mine for over 10k in profit. That was before the first increase and with 11% off MSRP

3 Likes

These price increases help the flipping quite a bit, because you’re not comparing today’s ordering prices vs today’s purchase prices.

Its one guy and hes wrong :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Definitely worth it. Just the folks talking about flips on the 4xE need to disclose that these are on orders that took 4-15 weeks to arrive.

This is an unprecedented market and at anytime the market can shift prior to your car arriving.

Now this likely won’t happen yet the risks exists.

So yes you can make money on the 4xE but there does exist a small chance you may not,

Also remember Chrysler can stop lease buyout anytime they want without warning. It can happen tomorrow. How many people got burned when Tesla stopped lease buyout out of nowhere?

You have to be OK with getting stuck with the car for 36 months.

1 Like