HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Looks like there’s been another spin of the EV tax credit language. The bill now reads as the following with regards to the domestic content requirement for the $500 extra

‘‘(A) are assembled by a manufacturer
2 which utilizes not less than 50 percent domestic
3 content in the component parts for final assem4
bly of such vehicles, and
5 ‘‘(B) are powered by battery cells which
6 are manufactured in the United States (with
7 suchbattery cells to be included for purposes of
8 the requirement described in subparagraph
9 (A)), as certified by the manufacturer, at such
10 time, and in such form and manner, as the Sec11
retary may prescribe.

The 4xe uses samsung battery cells in its battery pack, which at least for the time being are produced in South Korea, so it looks like $8500 instead of $9000 given the new language.

edit: This may be an older version. Looks like the wh.gov site may not have the most recent version up.

1 Like

That is a Sahara, I assume? What is the MSRP? I really temped to order one with the new green they had released.lol

High Altitude 60.5K MSRP

So here is rough example of an ordered Rubicon:

Granted, several of the numbers are incorrect… but I don’t see how there is any money to be made here.

Transmission is Germany engine in Italy

1 Like

What are you assuming for a selling price for this $65k msrp rubicon? Based on your calculator, your payoff plus broker/shipping fees would be ~$55k

Does anyone have any information on Great Lakes MF and Residual for November?

Rubi 4xe RV looks to have not changed for November

Pending official CCAp documentation

I wouldn’t have broker or shipping fees, but I get the point. Where are you coming up with the buyout value of approximately $34k?

Here’s an example of a lease + payoff I got for a relative. They’ve had the car for a month and ordered 8/3. The offer I got was for about 55.5k. It’s a profit of about 8000 including everything and that’s with a 36/15k mile lease (You’re probably doing what I did and calculating the full monthly payment but I dont think that’s how it’s calculated, so again, you haven’t ordered but you would have to request a payoff letter.

Selling price - $7500 + drive offs/upfront tax=~$54k

1 Like

Interesting. Was it ever a case in the past where Rubi had higher residual than Sahara? I dont recall so even for regular/non-4xe Wranglers.

I would much prefer 36/10 at 65% and 0.00134😁

I guess this is my doorprize for waiting since June and having the all important SOP.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t you have broker or shipping fees?

We haven’t seen anyone be able to replicate this deal or at least the 8.5% off MSRP component. Believe you mentioned Wisconsin in a previous post, we haven’t seen any deals out of that area. We have seen several people go into the local dealer only to be told they are at MSRP. If you can replicate it by all means go for it.

Flipping Opportunities

Got an overwhelming number of inquires on what I am personally flipping. Unfortunately these require cash purchases so not sure if this works for everyone.

p.s. May sound selfish but I do feel hesitant to help the folks whom post about avoiding a broker fee or the ones whom try and go around brokers to their dealers.

7 Likes

curious to know what the MF and RV are for Sahara at 48 mos since that has no acq fee in the NE.

They can be replicated if you reach high and low.

What most people don’t understand is that 4% behind invoice is not quite the same as a flat off MSRP.

57% with .00196 MF

1 Like

So if it typically not advisable to put down a large amount of money on a lease due to if you totaled the vehicle etc with insurance - what would happen if you did a one pay lease and totaled it while driving home? Hosed??

1 Like

Depends on what the insurance payout on the vehicle would be. People love making statements about how you will be out all your money. Simply not true. You’ re just more at risk…however in this market not so sure. Insurance will likely have a high payout.