HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Thanks for the tip, greatly appreciated.

I am also looking for a shipping company that wont brake the bank and deliver my jeeps in one piece…ideally on time.

1 Like

Car manufacturers make more money if they sell more cars.

If there are fewer cars and dealers sell those cars over MSRP, as an example, that money doesn’t go back to the manufacturer.

Sure, captives/manufacturers can justify cutting rebates due to fewer units, but they make the most if they sell the most cars.

My question to you is…who do you think is benefiting from your theories that has the power to slow down the supply chain?

1 Like

Agreed, that’s why I put chip shortage in quotes. I understand and appreciate the many considerations in the reasons being given for the supply disruptions affecting vehicle inventory I would only say I strongly believe the root causes run deeper. There is a clearly stated green agenda by governments across the globe. At a minimum we are never going back to what we had before. Let’s see where we are a year or two from now. Time answers all questions.

P.S. I’m not flipping my 4xe. I’ll going to order a scat pack charger from Gupton as well.

Add me to that list. I did talk to the clutch southeast dealership and they mentioned they have some preferred companies and actually can help to coordinate multiple deliveries in the same area. Haven’t gotten to that point, but they seemed seasoned and knowledgeable in shipping so I’ll probably lean on them. However, “Trust but verify”.

2 Likes

There is an entire thread discussing the nuances

This is still the best recap I’ve found so far

“chips” have become a proxy for all the components in all the JIT supply chains that broke-down, and shipping delays, and multiple exogenous events - mostly because people are too lazy to get into the details, which are all there.

Nobody who makes cars wants expensive, unused capex capacity (those factories cost a fortune to build and operate), plenty of labor, plenty of dealerships staffed and ready to sell - but are missing 1-2 parts to finish tens-of-thousands of WIP units they can’t sell. In this volume business, nobody is getting richer overall because they have fewer new cars to sell, nor enough used cars to substitute with.

7 Likes

What deal are they doing for you on that?

Apple control a very large percentage of chip production at the dabs that could otherwise produce lower margin chips for vehicles.

I’m going to go through it with Daniel (in person) when I pick up my 4xe in the next week or 2. It was built 8/28.

I’ll let you guys know what he can do at that time.

1 Like

Thank you, please do.

Its more than chips now, shortage spreads into other sectors

Hey Tuna

Just curious what dealer you used and if they would replicate this deal on another order. I am located in Northeast also.

Marcus

If he can’t give the dealer, don’t think it’s easy to replicate in NE. You can get close ordering from DC area now apparently. I accepted paying the shipping and ordered from @clutch and will have it in a couple more weeks.

Tuscadero Sahara ordered 10 days ago.

Just got estimated ship date of 10/6

5 Likes

It’s interesting to me that a ton of fast builds I’ve seen lack floor mats :face_with_monocle:

I’m purposely not adding accessories to anything I build.

Variables = potential time

2 Likes

Man I need to stop dragging my feet and get my Tuscadero order in this week

2 Likes

The only reason I’m posting this is to plant seeds so your Tuscadero tree will grow

3 Likes

This may be a silly question but. Let’s say I happen to flip the jeep a month or two after delivery. Would it matter if I did a One-pay or 36 months? I mean for payoff reasons would that be much of a difference? or that only matters if I keep it in the long run?

Only in long run

1 Like