HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

I am looking into this also. Did it years ago with a purchased vehicle for my company but am now leasing my 4xe (whenever it arrives to the dealer which might be 2023 at this rate). Has anyone had any experience with Section 179 deductions with a lease?

Blue it is man!!

Another happy @Clutch customer :slight_smile:

10 Likes

you cannot sec 179 something you do not own. your CPA should be able to help you!

Thats right. Sec 179 is only for purchasing.

Depreciation is already built into leases.

If you own a business you can deduct your lease payments and expenses associate with it, or miles, etc…

1 Like

Im not an expert but a bit of googling got me to this https://www.leafnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/1706-Section179-infographic-02.pdf
which says you can definitely section 179 a leased asset.

Haven’t had a dejavu moment so quickly in a while or didnt expect to have it so quickly…

while the document refers to leasing, it is referring to “Capital Leases” which are very common in business purchases of “expensive” equipment. I have gone into detailed explanation of how your typical auto lease which is considered a “Close-End Lease” and how it differs from a “Capital Lease” which has a different treatment

Happy reading!!

2 Likes

Why the almost 1 month gap between purchase date and initiating the vroom process? Waiting on registration from the state?

How accurate is shipping eta? One of mine says going to gupton between 8-19 and 8-31.

Trying to figure out what im doing since the HA i ordered before this one isn’t even built yet.

I planned on going to get both and driving both back at once. How long can u leave a jeep at gupton until he complains to get it?

Thanks everyone in this forum u all been so wonderful!

Last night I buckled up and spent 4.5 hours reading the entire 3500+ thread. I gotta say it was enjoyable and I learned a lot! If I had known it would take that long when I started however… :joy:

6 Likes

I’m wondering if it’s too late to change :confused:

Yup. I have been told once you have the VIN, there is no turning back.

You can always buy a second one :slight_smile:

I am so torn between colors. I am down to two options. Black and Blue.

Which one boys!?

Blue. No brainer.

Shoot, I might have to at this point, LOL

Blue and it’s not even close.

1 Like

Blue all the way. Or green, or yellow. Even the silvers and greys are interesting on the 4xE.

Black is a livery car color. Does not even deserve being an option on something as fun as a Jeep!

1 Like

Blue.

3 Likes

NC takes 30 days to have car registered so yea, waited on that. Cant sell it without the physical paper form here.

1 Like

Okay Blue it is!

Thanks fellas making my order today

3 Likes

Been speaking with Daniel, very nice guy. Very clear, and answers all my questions.

Just got a prelim invoice. For a lease from gupton. Quoted 59% RV. Noticed lots of people on here getting 65/64% i am womdering if that is because they got their car at the beginning of 2021. I am wondering if the RV decreases considerably as the year progresses with 2022s on the horizon.

Second i got an MF of .00172 basically an APR of 4.13% seems a bit high. I have seen a few videos of anything less than .00200 is good for a wrangler, but…

Both these suggest that chysler doesn’t have much faith they will be able to sell the car at decent price in 3 years.