How do you like your e-tron®?

I was interested in an Audi E-Tron, and was wondering how any current owners liked (or disliked) them? I checked one out at the chicago auto show, and couldn’t believe how much nicer the interior was than the tesla.

Thank you.

Love it. Power is similar to base model tesla but feels more cushy in its delivery. If you put it in S and stomp it from a light it definitely moves.

Suspension is pretty decent, very quiet well built interior, seats aren’t as good as BMW multicontour (even in prestige trim IMO) but not bad.

IIHS top safety pick + is another win in my book.

Haven’t had it long enough to tell you range but it says 240miles on a 100% charge

3 Likes

I wish I needed a car
I would try to get one sub $400

2 Likes

If you have Audi loyalty and you like what you see, the cost/benefit pretty much dictates leasing one.
If you would even consider spending 6-700 a month on one you should jump on 4-500 a month.

I’ve had mine for three weeks and I love it. It’s very quiet and with the air suspension and high quality interior you feel like you can drive for miles and barely break a sweat. The tech is amazing especially the 3D camera. You should never scuff a rim again. Only gripe is the seats. Our other car is an xc60, which has the most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. Etron seats are comfy but could use more cushioning.

Luckily I was able to snag mine for uber 400/mo including tax.

6 Likes

Does it have the Driver’s Assistance package?

No. In retrospect I wish I had gotten it but my commute is only nine miles each way so I figured I didn’t need it much.

The comfort of the XC60 seats deserves it’s own thread…glad someone finally pointed this out.

4 Likes

So far so good with my e-Tron! I snagged a Edition One back in May during Shelter-in-Place here in California. Lease payments still ridiculously high compared to what I am seeing you guys get in other parts of the country. (around $790/month before taxes).

Payments aside, it’s very luxurious inside, the massaging seats in the Prestige could be a little stronger BUT thats a total first world problem. The only thing I noticed is minor build quality issues compared to a 2015 S3 I had. The speaker vent on my driver door by the door grab handle looked like it was loose but I popped it back in (a random person wouldn’t have noticed). I noticed I will set up my infotainment a certain way but upon startup, it resets sometimes (I set up the e-tron gauge cluster but it will startup into the classic car gauge cluster). But otherwise, MINOR in my opinion as I’m seeing many Tesla Model Y owners talk about Panel Gaps and uneven seat benches, the list goes on. No shade to Tesla since you get range and they are still a great car company but quality is important to myself.

Range on the e-Tron COULD be better for me personally (no complaints but just wish it was close to 240 miles) - I don’t have range anxiety since I’m not taking long road trips due to the current pandemic (some will argue range is everything) BUT with a full charge I’ve gotten less than the EPA of 204 miles (I think my car calculates mine to be between 180-190 miles per full charge). So in comparison to smaller cars like the e-Golf and standard range Leaf, I’m happy with this range considering its an SUV.

Hope my two cents help! If you want Luxury on wheels, get the E-tron. If you want range…maybe consider a Tesla.

1 Like

I don’t think 240 miles is realistic unless maybe you just do street driving? I’m getting 180-190 doing mostly freeway.

How does ACC work?

https://autos.yahoo.com/2021-audi-e-tron-gets-220700411.html

1 Like

This range unlock should be able to be achieved through an OTA, but I don’t think Audi has that capability.

A bit more range and $8800 less sticker. Should result in less incentives but higher RV?

Yes. It also means that if we had any dreams of selling our cars to Carvana before lease end are dead. lol

2 Likes

Dual charging ports on the 2021? That will only end in teasing by all the other EVs and PHEVs.

They already took an MSRP haircut, why would they buy up the residual too?

The people who leased these early will have to drive them to disposition or be buried in them (literally, figuratively, or both). The folks who just hacked $300-400 payments might not even be able to get out if they want. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I mean RV as a %, not absolute values, and just to reflect the real world resale value. 48% of the old $74800 MSRP is $35900, but $35900 is 54% of the new $65900 MSRP.

1 Like

So a dealer on another thread clarified things a bit. The lower MSRP applies to a new trim. You won’t have the premium plus at that price point.

Imagine the lease hacks on this lower MSRP in a two years. 2021 Audi etron lease deals in 2022 for 300 a month - you saw it here first (full MSD and loyalty needed!)

4 Likes

Thank you for all the replies. I’m looking for a deal on an E-Tron, but the chicagoland dealers are terrible to deal with.

1 Like