Honda Odyssey Sport Swap Lease trade

The last thing you want to do in sales is add friction to the decision-making process.

The average consumer doesn’t have the patience, knowledge, and/or aptitude to do meaningful analysis of the pros/cons of all of the options.

So introducing this idea would be the perfect way to kill a deal, waaaaaaaaaaay more often than not.

5 Likes

Hence, everytime I try helping friends with their leases, I get glazed eyes and, eventually, no results.

3 Likes

Can I file a claim against him in court?

Can you please just tell us what your end goal is?

You bought the minivan. Why do internet stranger’s opinion matter enough for you to sell the van?
You’re likely going to be underwater.

Why not just put this in the past and enjoy your new ride

4 Likes

What would be the basis of your lawsuit?

Just make piece with it or unload it and take the loss.

Obsessing is going to drive you to an early grave.

4 Likes

New York law does require that auto brokers register with the state, and have $100,000 surety bond. I suspect some shyster could argue that they also have a fiduciary responsibility. That’s said

This is really the question of the day on this thread

Without knowing for certain what OP wants, this is the best advice in the generic case. Suck it up and drive it, or unload it and document all your costs and if you want to file a complaint with the New York Attorney General and go to small claims court for the costs you should not have incurred, you can certainly do that. But suing somebody is not going to solve this problem today, and really is not an advisable course of action

2 Likes

Got it, I think we just gonna live with it

1 Like

You have to realize that at one point or another we all on this board had expensive lessons to pay.

And buying a car isnt in top 3 for some.

I also had my share of bad leases albeit over 10 year ago but still learned lots of lessons. University of life isn’t free:)

If you search the forum - there was a thread about two years ago (or more because it was pre-COVID) where we all shared our own bad deals.

2 Likes

Can you share the thread

Here

3 Likes

He said it was NJ broker. Then deleted that post.

2 Likes

Missed than thanks. He told me the car was registered in NY so I anchored on that.

Does OP have an end game? Here is how things started off:

1. OP thought they had traded their '19 Odyssey (with equity*) towards a new one with a $3k ADM. Previous car was grounded by dealer.
  2. Then, OP mentioned that the dealer was making their lease payments since HFS had not yet received their paperwork after more than 2 months driving off with the car.
  3. Come to find out, the signed contract was dated in late September. OP had been previously advised by forum members not to take the $699 deal.
  4. OP then decided to disclose the previous Honda lease was with Ally, and not HFS.
  5. Now OP is looking into possibly filing a lawsuit against a broker they have characterized as someone who gave them a deal.

I just don’t get it.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:- Am I missing something?

*OP had no claims towards any equity.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that OP also wanted to transfer their new lease. They quickly found out that HFS did not allow lease transfers.

1 Like

You didn’t have to do him dirty like that :rofl:

@Mark26 I think this might the one featuring the worst leases since 2017. You might be featured there if not already but such as life as enjoy the car.
Worst Leases You’ve Seen

3 Likes

/thread…. 10 characters

@max_g @TheBigTuna @trism @Bluemkn57cars @ElectricEliminator @forbs @jeisensc @drdvrgs

MAJOR UPDATE:
After all that happened with the Honda and the car was sold and the leasing guy made money off of me from the old car and new lease and charged over msrp, the title of the previous lease was sent to me and he wants it what do I do ?

And he threatened and sent this:

“Ok. We need the title here before weekend so please make sure we have it by then.
If I don’t have it I’ll have to put a lien back on his name which will hurt his credit and it will also create an insurance lapse which will revoke his right to drive in NY for sometime.”

Are we talking about

Yes the forum was closed for that