Honda Odyssey Sport Swap Lease trade

Can you share the thread

Here

3 Likes

He said it was NJ broker. Then deleted that post.

2 Likes

Missed than thanks. He told me the car was registered in NY so I anchored on that.

Does OP have an end game? Here is how things started off:

1. OP thought they had traded their '19 Odyssey (with equity*) towards a new one with a $3k ADM. Previous car was grounded by dealer.
  2. Then, OP mentioned that the dealer was making their lease payments since HFS had not yet received their paperwork after more than 2 months driving off with the car.
  3. Come to find out, the signed contract was dated in late September. OP had been previously advised by forum members not to take the $699 deal.
  4. OP then decided to disclose the previous Honda lease was with Ally, and not HFS.
  5. Now OP is looking into possibly filing a lawsuit against a broker they have characterized as someone who gave them a deal.

I just don’t get it.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:- Am I missing something?

*OP had no claims towards any equity.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that OP also wanted to transfer their new lease. They quickly found out that HFS did not allow lease transfers.

1 Like

You didn’t have to do him dirty like that :rofl:

@Mark26 I think this might the one featuring the worst leases since 2017. You might be featured there if not already but such as life as enjoy the car.
Worst Leases You’ve Seen

3 Likes

/thread…. 10 characters

@max_g @TheBigTuna @trism @Bluemkn57cars @ElectricEliminator @forbs @jeisensc @drdvrgs

MAJOR UPDATE:
After all that happened with the Honda and the car was sold and the leasing guy made money off of me from the old car and new lease and charged over msrp, the title of the previous lease was sent to me and he wants it what do I do ?

And he threatened and sent this:

“Ok. We need the title here before weekend so please make sure we have it by then.
If I don’t have it I’ll have to put a lien back on his name which will hurt his credit and it will also create an insurance lapse which will revoke his right to drive in NY for sometime.”

Are we talking about

Yes the forum was closed for that

:popcorn: can’t wait

Do you have any advice ?

Go sell the Odyssey ASAP and keep the money.

1 Like

Light the title on fire

4 Likes

I don’t see what legal recourse you have here. While he’s a sick for being threatening and not entirely accurate either, what’s done is done.

Though you may want to assess any way in which he could screw you and make an agreement to ensure no bad action his part in order to surrender the title to him.

He’s full of shit the guy he’s saying this

“This is what we would be getting lawyers for;
New York Penal Law sections 155.30(6) and 155.40(2).
You (your dad) would be accused of:
Larceny by Extortion.”

Is he able to do anything legally, that’s my question?