Honda Civic Type R

, ,

Appreciate you trying to sell type R but I rather keep my s2000 as value is going up.
Btw dealership near by me is selling R for only 10k mark up. I am so lucky

1 Like

10K mark up, ha.

They can go to hell with that. If I was in the market I’d make the trip out to MA to get one of BCC’s sticker specials.

1 Like

No kiddin
Its odd to recognize that a mid $30s K car being sold at sticker is a wicked deal. Ive never heard of one of these not going for above MSRP.

It’s just soooooooooo
I don’t even know

image image

Ridiculous and overdone and immature :heart_eyes: have you driven one??

1 Like

As per Motortrend——

Its styling is certainly more polarizing than our other three pocket rockets; I love it, but Evans said the Type R “screams 20-something asshat.” Hi there!”

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/civic/2018/ford-focus-rs-honda-civic-type-r-volkswagen-golf-r-subaru-wrx-sti-type-ra-comparison/

I haven’t

It’s really just not my style at all. I loved the S2000 and had two of them. Those were subdued little rocket ships.

Everything I dislike about the bad kind of WRX drivers (not all of them) looks like it’s combined into this creation lol

I think you described it perfectly😁

Id drive it (in the hopes my near half century self could be mistaken for the afrementioned 20 something @$$hat :grin:

1 Like

Hahahaha that was good.

I’m 32 and wouldn’t go within 10 feet of it

(Pictures stolen from dealer website)

My best memory of an S2000 is when a friend (back in 2000ish timeframe?) challenged me (in my 2000 Nissan Maxima) to an impromptu stoplight gran prix in his brand new S2000. He lost. More than onceđŸ€Ș

1 Like

Welcome back ! Lol

Im going to line my wifes automatic 430 Xdrive (aka the slowest 4 series) up against my buddies Type R at a stoplight and see what happens😁

I so want to, just to see of what all the hypes about after all. There’s two of these always driving in my area and I once got the chance to pull over at a light next to one
 but the kid just ignored me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If you were in your M, he was wise to pretend to be fiddling with his radio.

2 Likes

Unfortunately
I was
 and I just wanted to be nice and play :pensive:

It’s not a fast car in any way. The difference between 0-60 in 7 seconds or 5.5 seconds is dumping the clutch at 6k RPM. I would never dump mine :smiley:

M3 CS would suck the paint off a Type Rs doors
probably down past the primer to bare metal by the time you hit the speed limit.

1 Like

Yeah, that car had to be abused to get the most out of it. Back in the day, he and I used to go to the track all the time, he did get a very low 14@100 out of it which truthfully nipped my Maxima as its best was 14.3 @ 96.

1 Like

Probably would but seriously, i have yet to see a single type R in action live. Just my curiousness to understand what exactly is the hype about. I promise, if i ever get a chance again, i will deliberately loose. But just want to see

That VQ35 is an all timer hit for Nissan. Best v6 award for like 14 plus years i think