Honda Civic Type R

, ,

10 years from now, it’ll be closer to $25k, so wait.

What will happen to demand if there’s an option for no huge wing?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Well I’d personally take a Honda over a Ford… Ford interior are :nauseated_face:, althought they fixed the infotainment with Sync3.

I can get them at MSRP

They lease mid 5s w first payment DAS

2 Likes

Odd to say this for a car, but
:boom::boom::boom::boom:

2 Likes

It’s tempting to lease a CTR just to take advantage of the ‘low’ monthly and avoid paying sales tax, then put as many miles as I want on it knowing that I’ll have substantial positive equity throughout the term and it’s a ridiculously easy sell.

1 Like

negative attitude on
I am a fan of the hatchback style, but I must admit that (as great of a car as the Type R is), I don’t fully understand the amount of hoopla around it to the point of way overpaying for it. This is a car that one really really has to want specifically for it to make any sense whatsoever. From a pure performance standpoint, its a good performer for sure, but its not really performance (when placed under objective scrutiny) that much less costly cars can approximate for a fraction of the $.

negative attitude off

There must just be a subjective feel this car has that is driving the mayhem! I shall endeavor to try and find out by driving my friends sometime soon…

2 Likes

Drive one if you can. It’s insanely good. It makes the Si feel like a minivan. In terms of visceral feel I’d put it up alongside an M2 and Cayman GTS. But it’s not as livable as either of those IMO. You really have to be ‘into that sort of thing’.

1 Like

Yeah…theres gotta be a “feel” to this car that belies its quick (but not stellar by todays standards) mid 13’s 1/4 mile. Of course, raw straight line acceleration is not all there is to a car, but its a dang big part of it for normal driving and the usual manner of demonstrating a cars prowess. The Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ is a prime example…stellar reviews for driving/handling, etc…but simply not fast enough.

Don’t forget for a super car like this you have to run on nitrous tires and pinstripes for aerodynamics.

4 Likes

Muffler bearings help too…along with blinker fluid.

1 Like

$1,000 window tint too.

Spark is where the smart money is.

Do you need a job?

5 Likes

80% pension, full medical, 4wks vacation yearly and relocation bonus and you can count me in.

Sorry you aren’t Type-R material.

6 Likes

I was seriously considering this car but as I am unable to find any dealer in 50 mi radius where I can at the effing least test-drive the car, I put it off. Just curious what you mean by not as livable?

I had the FRS for over a year. Found it lively but the missing power wasn’t the end of the world for me. However, I usually needed to drive 2-3 hours on weekends and after 45 mins on the car, the shaky suspension would start giving me headaches.

It’s a very aggressively set up car. My commute is 25 miles each way congested freeway so it’s not a good fit for me as a DD. I need to move house or job so that I can have a back road commute :sweat_smile: Look for a used one to pop up around you. They’re a blast!!

1 Like