Hertz files for bankruptcy

Great prices on 2019 BMW 7 series and also very good on 2019 BMW X3 with low miles. Haven’t seen any loaner prices here that even come close. Tempting but they will be going even lower as Hertz is forced by trustee to fire sale inventory to stay afloat in Chapter 11. Not good for used car dealers!

And this is a bummer as I love the 4! I think I have seen one or two 2020 broker deals at around 20% off for a 430, but its def rare. It’s certainly nothing like the deals that were available on this same car about a year ago.

If you have AAA, you get an additional discount off the no haggle price.

“AAA members receive $325 off the purchase price of any used vehicle at any of the 46 U.S. Hertz Car Sales locations.”

Good find for $325 additional discount yet still not enough to bite😀

I’ve gotta say, the ride down from 7$ since March has been quite glorious for my puts… Some genius even bought my shorts when I closed them out on Thursday at 2$ and change. Thank you WSB! #BearGangUNITE

… so IMO, I’d say HRTZ can be quite profitable :joy:

Not even a sub 38k 5 series, with only 10k miles, MSRP at 60k, for 0% financing?

This was not an actual offer, a hypothetical joke.

Maybe in a couple of months, those 5 series could drop to the low 30s. :laughing:

He is the son you wished you had. Or he is the 17 year old you wished you had been!

3 Likes

Do any of these former rentals have manual transmissions? No way to filter based on transmission.

For the most part, no, especially considering manuals account for only around 4% of all cars sold in the US. Most N.A. cars come as automatic due to the lack of manual driving knowledge in the populace.

I have seen a unicorn mustang with Budget and a 911 with Alamo a few years back, but they’re truly rare indeed.

Now that would be a real :unicorn:

So how much more would you be willing to pay for a manual?

I’d rather try to find $20k Suburban with 10k miles😂

That would be a :bus: for my family​:grinning:

1 Like

“Guys like a girl who can drive a stick” I can’t remember what car company put out that commercial, maybe Chevy.

That was my initial thought as well, but these cars are built for the track. I don’t know if you can really abuse them on the streets.

I did hear the cherry’s were all picked earlier, but you never know, might be a deal for someone who wants a yellow Z06

I’m sure you could beat the hell out of a tranny/rear end on one of these with a number of @$$hats abusing them over and over again

1 Like

Just for fun fed this car

2019 Cadillac XTS that Hertz is offering for $22k supposedly way below KBB fair market range of $28k to $32k into Carvana model only to be offered $17,6k for it to sell to Carvana.

So, I’m still just watching this train wreck from a side with my popcorn.

2 Likes

Someone should program a bot to feed each VIN and see if there’s one or two that might be flippable. Or just manually do it while they’ve nothing better to do during a pandemic.

1 Like

Honestly the only way to abuse this car is to turn off all of the nannies. If they did that, they would end up in a ditch real fast. I’m sure they were throttled, but they were built for it.

I think Carvana and Vroom engine would prevent you from auto feeding.