Hertz files for bankruptcy

Vroom shuttles you over to manual reviews (with email appraisals) after the 5th consecutive VIN check, so unless you’ve got a ton of dummy emails to burn, that may be rough.

Leashackrlover@gmail.com
L.eashackrlover@gmail.com
Le.ashackrlover@gmail.com
Lea.shackrlover@gmail.com
Leas.hackrlover@gmail.com
Leash.ackrlover@gmail.com
Leasha.ckrlover@gmail.com
Leashac.krlover@gmail.com
Leashack.rlover@gmail.com
Leashackr.lover@gmail.com
Leashackrl.over@gmail.com
Leashackrlo.ver@gmail.com
Leashackrlov.er@gmail.com
Leashackrlove.r@gmail.com
Leashackrlover@googlemail.com
L.eashackrlover@googlemail.com
Le.ashackrlover@googlemail.com
Lea.shackrlover@googlemail.com
Leas.hackrlover@googlemail.com
Leash.ackrlover@googlemail.com
Leasha.ckrlover@googlemail.com
Leashac.krlover@googlemail.com
Leashack.rlover@googlemail.com
Leashackr.lover@googlemail.com
Leashackrl.over@googlemail.com
Leashackrlo.ver@googlemail.com
Leashackrlov.er@googlemail.com
Leashackrlove.r@googlemail.com
There’s 28 right there, same reply-to email.
A 25 character email gets you 50, etc.

But yeah, 50,000 emails would be tough to automate

3 Likes

Browsing through the Hertz’s cars, I’m surprised how many high mileage cars there are, those must be the uber mobiles.

3 Likes

not an ad or anything, but there is a plenty of services that will let you have unlimited email addresses.
E.g. https://mailosaur.com/

3 Likes

it’s not too diffcult to setup own mailserver somewhere on microsoft office 365 and generate random set of “enterprise” users.

Does anyone have any idea how low prices will go?

I think I’d become a Nissan Versa owner for under $1000.

2 Likes

You won’t have a chance. It will all go to big boys via Auto Auctions :slight_smile:

1 Like

And there goes my dream of an engine swapped Versa.

Oh well.

I think this is more an illustration of the inaccuracy of KBB vs anything else. The MMR on that XTS is $18,450. So Hertz wants to make about $4K retail and Carvana is looking at making about $800 wholesale, both of those prices make sense.

3 Likes

I’m not relying on that KBB meter. That measure isn’t for me to impress how much saving there are:)

1 Like

Two interesting bits on $HTZ worth sharing today

Currently up 93%

3 Likes

I am guessing many are using their change to buy it thinking they can make a quick buck? It’s weird how human think. Say you have $2500 to invest. Many would prefer to buy 1000 shares of something at $2.5 than 1 share of amazon at $2500 as they think amazon is too expensive

Probably a safe bet (betas, seeking alpha):

Why do you think splits happen?

Hertz announced that if they liquidate, each shareholder will get a car.

7 Likes

Just what I need, a Nissan Sentra with 40K miles on it.

5 Likes

With a 20k disposition fee LOL

1 Like

I’m so confused on this one.
Those shares have the possibility of disappearing at any time. Plenty of stocks do but this one is on the conveyer belt already.
Is there any smart money in this?

Not in my opinion, and I’d recommend staying far far away. Too often in cases like this, the fellow in to make a quick buck is the one left holding the bag.

At some point in the not so distant future, assuming things go per how most every other similar historical bankruptcy has gone, the equity shareholders will be wiped out. Gone, vamoose. Shares = worthless.

When will that happen? Not quite known. Will it happen? Very likely.

If you’re looking to make very short plays and go in and out, have at it, but I wouldn’t risk any serious money you can’t afford to immediately say bye-bye to (assuming the worst does happen).

And before anyone gets the brilliant idea to short their shares or start buying puts, remember, every instrument ultimately needs a buyer on the other side.