Hellcat, $500 a month, nothing down!

Ok…would this be stupid / undoable?

Currently leasing a 2017 Audi S3 with a payoff of 43k. KBB trading is 39ish. If I could get a charger with selling price of 60k (MSRP) of 69735 and roll in negative equity of 4K from the Audi my payments would still only be 578??

This can’t be right? Obviously would need to find a dealer that would be game but there’s one local that has 3 17s on their lot and could try the last day of this month.

don’t know about the negative equity but you will be hard pressed to find 9k off a charger unless it has no options or dealer is super desperate, best I have found so far off a charger was 7k and that car was gone off the lot in 3 days (wasnt the color I wanted/missing some options) and I have been searching since July ( im picky on colors/options and won’t compromise for price)

Definitely a shot in the dark…worse they could say is hell no and call me names!

worth taking the shot for the hellcat, you could also try cars.com and find the lowest marked down hellcat there.

The dealer has been constantly following up with me on this even though I’m making it super hard for them. They gave me a sight unseen trade value on my 2017 S3 (5500 miles) that was super low. I told them if they could make it work however they needed to on the back-end and get my payment to 620 (sad that this would save me money compared to my current payment) with zero cap reduction then I’d do it. Their response was that it ‘likely’ wasn’t possible…which is no big deal for me. I really like the S3 but a hellcat would be nice too :slight_smile:.

Is there a “BEST” time of year with FCA to try and target the $500-$600 a month deals some of the members have been able to get?

I just look at the 2018’s while buying my daughter a Jeep and like the Hellcat Chargers a lot more than I thought I would and I am fine with the basic colors. Really like the Destroyer Grey.

Best you will get on a 39 month lease for a charger is mid to low $600’s with standard drive offs. Look for 2017’s if you can. Same car.

Ok, so this might be close to being back on. Just had a call from a dealer in Idaho who has 3 Challenger Hellcats and was willing to knock $10k off MSRP without me even haggling. I don’t know the mf or residual but I would assume they are still good.

Are the residual and MF remotely close?

Looks like we might be due for an F-Type vs Hellcat stand-off meetup

2 Likes

Is Audi still crap on lease transfers? And if not… what part of the country are you at? I’m somewhat interested in an S3 :slight_smile:

lease deals for 17s have been killed, 18s are the only way to go, same mf at around .00017 but 59% residual for 36/10 vs last year’s residual of 63-65%

Damn those residuals need to come up. But on the used market there are 16s in the 40s which is a good deal to me.

I wish they would too, sad truth is that they overproduced in 16 and compensated with higher lease residuals for 16s and 17s, we might see deals in the summer if the charger gets a refresh for 2019 model year but yeah these residuals make hundreds of dollars difference between this year and last year.

Lease deals are back on! Fca has reset the residuals to what it was last year for 2018s(65% for 36/10k), now the only hold back is finding one with a sizeable discount off msrp.

this is gonna be good

$500’s would be hard to find but even at $6XX range it is a no brainer. Be ready to to spend some $$ on the tires tho, also if you are going to beat the crap out of the car front rotors alone cost $1600 (don’t ask me why I know).

2 Likes

We have to know now. :slight_smile:

https://www.lakecdjr.com/new/Dodge/2018-Dodge-Challenger-053cdd6d0a0e0ae7682674b8bf6bf552.htm This might be a good option to try for a hack. Seems to have a good dealer discount

I haven’t dealt with this dealer personally but there are quite a few reviews online mentioning bait and switch practices. Maybe someone nearby can guinea pig the deal and see how truthful they are?