Hellcat, $500 a month, nothing down!

You will be fully refunded if you go that route and return the car to them. The loss is on the dealer. They had you sign the contract on behalf of the bank. Now the bank rejected the contract so there is no contract.

They definitely will not repo the car. That will be more of a loss on their end as a repo will show on the Carfax.

From reading the forums, it seems like you have multiple leases at the moment. I suggest you stand your ground and tell them they have to keep the contract you signed or they can take the car back. Another awesome deal will pop up, they always do. Unless you are hooked on the 707 HP and canā€™t give it up then sign the new contract to keep the lease.

If they ask you to return it, drive it like you literally stole it and return it with bald tires.

My opinion is that it is still the deal we were all so excited to get. I didnā€™t really care about over mileage charges before I had the car. I would have signed my original contract at .50/mi and been just as happy as I never intended on putting on more than 36k The only thing that makes me unhappy from signing the new contract is that I give up the possibility of further savings and the risk of having to unwind the deal.

Are we asking too much for them to sweeten the deal a little bit? I want to keep the car but feel like thereā€™s an opportunity here to get a little something in return. I feel like I have a legitimate gripeā€¦I did 10k miles and now want 12k if the excess mileage has doubled. Iā€™ve never been in the situation before so really donā€™t know what to expect.

This seems reasonable. Was also thinking along those lines - 12k miles for the same money or the difference on a few thousand miles overage.

That was going to be my second idea on the table.

Donā€™t you guys think that them discounting the car extra to get you the same payment for the guzzler tax is enough?

Asking for even more for the ā€œhonestā€ mistake of $0.50 vs $0.25 for something that may not trigger just to squeeze the dealer more?

At the end of the day, Iā€™m assuming the owner of the dealer will have to eat it but there is a salesman and a dealer that made this deal work so maybe you can let them make the little money after all. Is it mea culpa (admission) that you guys are after? Are you guys upset that the owner of the dealer did not call you personally to apologize?

I agree with @Whosthere that this is still a great deal ā€“ it all comes back in the end, you guys want more and more ā€¦ karma is going to be a b***h. Iā€™m not the dealer but put yourself in their shoes: ā€œwe tried to make a deal and then no good deed goes unpunished with this group ā€¦ā€

4 Likes

Come on dude. Not even the luxury brands charge this much.

Maserati is .30 cents
BMW is .25 cents
Mercedes is .25 cents
Honda was .10 cents
Chevy is .25 cents

Rolls Royce is $2.50 a mile

So youā€™re telling me that the Dodge SRT commands a DOUBLE premium from the likes of Mercedes and BMW?

The car starts at 60k letā€™s not kid ourselvesā€¦

No go on money back or changing the mileage to 12k.
I even asked to backdate the mileage to my current they said no.
Iā€™m thinking of letting them come up to NorCal and transport it back. 50 cents a mile is a joke itā€™s principle now I signed a contract and Chrysler financial honored it now they donā€™t want to what a joke.

Has anyone talked to a lawyer?

Tell them youre on a road trip and at xxx city that is 1800 miles away. If they want the car youre happy to park it and they can come pick it up.3

1 Like

Does anyone actually plan to go above the allotted mileage?

Probably not. But thereā€™s always the what if.

If they said no, I assumed you told them to come pick it up then? Very curious as to their response. The finance guy I spoke with told me he has to wait to speak with the GM tomorrow before they can give me an answer.

I told them I would think about what I want to do and call them when the paperwork arrives Tuesday.

Guys, I think you need to be reasonable with all this. I agree that it sucks they changed the contract with the extra mileage charge but i think this was a great deal overall. You wnat to leave some room for next time. Maybe talk to GM so he knows you next time, if there is a next time. But asking for all drive off fees and what not seems like too much. Just an outsiders opinion here.

Karma is a bit*h but this comes down to principle and has nothing to do with karma. The price was already set, the contract was already signed. Would the dealer ever send you a new contract and tell you," We made a mistake and made too much money off of your deal. So, hereā€™s a new contract with your payments cut in half" ?? Would the ā€˜salesmanā€™ you speak of lose sleep at night for making a 3k commission for selling at a markup or will the ā€˜salesmanā€™ be drooling in deep sleep?

For this instance, I do think its either sign the new contract to keep the lease or return the lease and hunt for another toy.

BMW i8 with $149,995 MSRP is 50 cents. :+1:

I kind of think Chrysler should foot the bill, I feel a little sorry for the dealer who have been nothing but brilliant to deal with and are being messed about by Chrysler.

Well Chrysler will not. You know in the end the dealer will. Again, just my 2 cents.

If it was Chryslerā€™s system error and it was printing contract in an automated process with 25 cents a mile then they need to own up to their software glitch. Software glitches cost companies $$$. When I worked for one company each hour of down-time of their system caused $1,000,000 in losses per HOUR!

This will cost Chrysler maybe couple of tens of thousands IF owners push back. Most wonā€™t but some will.

Iā€™m in the camp to push-back. I called Chysler Capital automated number and they canā€™t find my account via my SSN and birthday so it looks like it still may be unfundedā€¦

UPDATE: Spoke to the funding department Phone (855) 976-9766 and pressed 2 and 2 again for leases. They have the record in the system (under my SSN) that the contract was sent back to the dealer and they DO NOT own the car yet - the dealer does.They instructed me to talk to the dealership.