Hellcat, $500 a month, nothing down!

I noticed on Chryslers website that the overage for mileage is .25 except for SRT’s which are $.50 per mile. My guess it the finance guys at your various dealers were missing this. Not sure what the remedy is.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I said before.

Which dealer did you use? Wondering if I’ll be getting a new contract too.

Ultimately I’m probably just going to sign. Like ursus said… I leased for 12k/yr without the intention of driving over that. The car is still the same smoking deal it was before… as long as I don’t go over 36k.

…and if you know you will - someone will grab it off your hands on lease takeover

Haha that’s what I thought until I read that Chrysler Capital doesn’t allow lease transfers!

Oops… :slight_smile: [20 chars]

Update:

I gave the dealer Option 2 & 3.

Let’s see what they say. I’m anticipating they will take Option 2.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the result of this. I’m sitting on my contract till then.

So the plot thickens!!!

I just got a call saying they need to reissue my contract as well. Apparently there has been an almighty mess up with the Chrysler capital finance system. It has messed up on two fronts!

1. It has been issuing SRT leases with .25 millage overage instead of .50. This is automated and the dealer did not know.
  2. It was building the gas guzzler tax into the MSRP and issuing the residual based on that figure. Thus making the payments lower than they should be because you can’t residualisze the tax.

They are reissuing with a lower buyout and discounting the car by the amount of the tax so my payment stays the same. BUT they are increasing the millage overage to 0.50.

I win in one way and lose out in another.

I did notice that when I inspected the contract closely. The residual had gone down several hundred as well as my sales price…

Payment stayed exactly the same however.

Update: no email back from the dealer so they must be mulling this over HARDCORE! This isn’t small money to lose on a deal…someone is going to have to pay up for this snafu (Dealer or CCAP)

I had the same issue with the gas guzzler tax as well. They lowered the selling price but payments remained the same. They must have pulled some levers regarding the money factor and/or residual to make up for that I would think.

Can’t really blame the dealers in this case, seems they have all fallen foul of Chrysler.

I wonder when I will get my call? I’ll resign if I get my down back or they raise my mileage? It will cost them a transport and mileage on the car if they want it back. I’ve never heard of resigning any contract after the fact with out something on the table. I don’t want this car at lease end so the lowered value doesn’t entice me.

2 Likes

Well I’ve had my new contract in hand for 4 days now and the dealer is not returning my calls or emails which I find really odd…I’m hoping they are either supper busy with pres day or confused by Chrysler, however, I’m somewhat paranoid of a possible repo…

At any rate I’ve owned it for almost 3 weeks put 900 miles on it and have not received a payment slip…

I’ve had this happen to me with a corvette once. I refused to sign the new contract and told them they can have the car back because I wont be signing the new agreement. They ended up taking the car back after a month. I put 900 miles on the car. They said they had no choice but to take the car back and sell it as a used vehicle and take the loss. You go through a process that they called rewind. Basically its signing some paperwork that states the dealer is buying back the vehicle from you at the exact price you bought it from them.

What happened with your drive-off/down payment? Did they fully refund it to you?

I’m looking on Cargurus and they’d be taking a 5-6k bath on selling price of the car down from my discount if they took the car back with over 1,000 miles.

Update: my dealer hasn’t made a peep in several days. I have the same concern that they’re going to come in the night and repo the car from the driveway.

I signed and sent back the contract as I don’t want to lose the deal. Hope you guys get some $ back!

Edit… I also spoke to the finance guy who I know through family and he told me that my hellcat was their first lease and they really didn’t know that the programs were different. He said they are different in hellcat and srt. I feel it was legit since you all are having the same problems.

How can they repo if you have a signed contract? I haven’t heard anything from dealer or seen any material from Chrysler capital on payments, etc… I am thinking of calling Chrysler financial to see if I have an account, can make payment, etc… on Monday.

I’m no lawyer, but It seems to me that the dealers/Chrysler are going to have to eat these (or provide concessions to get folks to resign a new deal structure). Doesn’t all the leverage reside with the consumers in this case? I don’t even understand how they can demand the car back; what provisions in the deal enable that?

If you do not have a cashable contract then you dont owe the car yet.