Heading to dealer today. . quick ? about lease buyout

maybe there is no way to get into the cherokee altitude and be at $400 a month

just spoke with our salesman and he said if we cant work out a deal… either by using the equity or just me selling the car and pocketing using my 6k and then using it to offset the lease payment… Either way he said I should sell the car to carmax to get the money…

Where did you get the rv/mf/incentives from? None of them look correct for a 36/12 on an altitude.

1 Like

I don’t understand why you’re so adamant about using equity onto your deal. Is it to make you feel better about the monthly payment? You can put down $10k on your new lease and your monthly will be in the $200s. However, that’s actually further than the reality of what your actual effective payment is.

You’ve gotten great advice here and refuse to listen. It seems like you got hosed the first time around with that same salesman and dealer by using your previous equity as well.

Do as you will, but feel glad that you stumbled upon this forum without actually signing yet. Listen to the advice you’ve gotten so far. If not, I truly recommend to just hire a broker and save thousands.

2 Likes

Yep this guy should use a broker as some people just don’t ‘get it’…usually those that don’t know how the math works and don’t put in time to understand.

1 Like

that would be me I guess… Ive called 3 dealers and told them to get me the OTD price the same car…
I dont even know what you guys are talking about getting a broker?

Face Palm No GIF

4 Likes

Check the Marketplace category that @mllcb42 posted then sort by region and find the brokers that have offerings in the make/model you want.

1 Like

here is one offer
Im not sure how to enter into the calculator

Horrible discount, missing the jeep.com TDM (you got that, right?) This would have you overpaying by a good $4-5000

STOP ASKING FOR OFFERS

2 Likes
1 Like

Im afraid to ask… but what is TDM

in the meantime my issue is my carmax offer is good till sunday… My wife and I can probably go a week with me driving my kids to school and me using their car and my wife using mine after sunday…

I’d like to get her into a car asap… Obviously I am not cut out for this… I’ll have to try and find a broker on here

You just keep putting the cart before the horse. Working with a broker can definitely help you shortcut things, but it’s really not a hard series of steps to follow:

1. Work out target deal
  2. Make offers to dealers based on target deal via email
  3. Go to dealer to take deliver AFTER deal is accepted

Expect to have most dealers say no to your offers… if you’re short on time, you can be less aggressive with your offers. Won’t save as much, but hell, a 5% off MSRP before incentives offer should be a super fast/easy sale here that most any dealer will jump at and put you thousands ahead of where the offers you’re getting are.

What’s the rush?

If I read one of your previous posts correctly, you have 5 months left. I don’t understand why you seem in such a rush to make a new deal when (1.) it’s totally unnecessary; and (2.) you’ve admitted you have absolutely no idea what you’re doing (including understanding how a lease is fundamentally structured).

I think he has a Carmax/other offer expiring soon and wants to lock in that equity sooner than 5 months from now…and then needs to replace.

1 Like

Im admitting I dont know what Im doing … I’m hearing that I have a lot of equity in the car right now. and its good to sell it… You have a valid point. .there really is no other reason than that…

I’d even look into a broker… but when I go to the marketplace and tag “broker” nothing really comes up in my area… Northeast ohio…

I watch these damn videos and that make it sound so easy… but I swear I need to take a 3 month course on this

Do you have anybody in your family/friend group that knows how to lease cars or likes math/numbers? Pay them to help you!

IMHO, whatever equity OP has will be completely wasted by not understanding the process.

OP, slow down and either put the time in to learn the process or hire a broker. You don’t need a broker who actually works in OH. Look for highly rated brokers and ask if they work w/ dealers in OH (or who can ship the car to you).

1 Like

Most of the brokers can ship nationwide.

This is true, but don’t overpay by thousands on a new vehicle in fear your equity might go down a few hundred.

2 Likes