Heading to dealer today. . quick ? about lease buyout

Stop talking to dealers, take a step back, and work out what your target deal for the vehicle needs to be.

You qualify for lease loyalty on a GC no matter what you do with your current GC. You can turn it in, sell it to carvana, keep it, drive it into a lake, etc. Makes no difference. There is absolutely zero requirements for you to turn it in to the same dealer you get the new one from to get loyalty. De-couple the old GC from the new GC in your mind. They are unrelated.

The likelihood that the dealer that will give you the best deal on buying out your current GC is also the dealer that will give you the best deal on a new GC is basically zero. Maximize both transactions. At this point, with a $33k offer already on the table for your current GC, there’s no reason to give it to anyone else for less.

Beyond that, as @joeblogs was asking, you’re likely to spend less money on a base GC 4xe and get a whole lot more features for your dollar.

There is one acceptable path forward. Work out what your target deal is. Once you have that established, if you want to make THAT offer to your local dealer, by all means. If they were good to work with, give them first right of refusal. Then, if they accept your offer, talk to them about buying your current GC for MORE than the $33k you already have an offer on. If they can do those both as separate transactions, fantastic.

3 Likes

Wait until the last day the carvana offer is available and then accept the offer, but schedule the pick up date as far in the future as possible. You can string the current offer on for a little while that way.

I went to the markeplace… I guess I dont see where I see the incentives in there… its kind of a jumbled mess … any tips to find the jeep incentives

thanks for the clarification on the jeep loyalty incentive… also selling to carmax carvana…
I found an ad locally for a GC 4XE and $398month 36/10 DAS 3986
MSRP- $64450…
(I dont understand how they got it so low… I mean… the altitude is MSRP 49k… you would think I could get the lease for $300 then… so confusing…

really my thats as high as I can go… if I can get the lease deal from the dealer may I can work it out… I feel like I should of started this 2 months ago … this is a worm hole I didnt expect… with all this being said… I appreciate all the help everyone is giving me…

The 4xe has like $15k in incentives.

With that said, I’m sure that offer is missing taxes and fees.

A lease is not solely a function of MSRP. It’s the discount you can get and the incentives or lack thereof plus the MF and RV for different models that can cause higher MSRP vehicles to have lower payments than lower MSRP vehicles.

So what is in the add is just to get me in the door?

I’m sure the ad has an asterisk at the bottom for all the things it doesn’t include. This is standard fare.

1 Like

For example

1 Like

Is it $3986 “Down” or $3986 “Due At Signing”? There is a difference.

Didn’t you say you still had five months on the lease? In which case, I’m confused on what the rush is.

2 Likes

I have an offer from carmax at 32k after sending them photos… its only good for a week… Each week I wait… the less I will get in equity…

my last lease I rolled 6k of equity into the the lease… dealer took 6k and got me down to a $400 month payment… Im guessing since its basically the same price for the new 2024 Grand cherokee Altitude… its the only way I can make it happen…
Trust me I dont want to do this… but lets just say I might have to bite the bullet on this

Ok so they used 6k and you ended up with 400 a month. That means you really paid $650 per month for that car (assuming 24 month). We don’t know all the details but seems quite high compared to what’s offered in marketplace.

So don’t do the same mistake again. Use your car to get the loyalty, then sell it to Carmax or Caravana. If you really want to give it to dealer, follow the advices here, keep two things separate.

it was a 36/12 lease… but yeah I will be talking to him remotely today

1 Like

What’s your target deal for the specific vehicle you’re looking for? Share your calculator link and we can give feedback.

Sounds like he ripped you off the first time and you’re going back for seconds.

4 Likes

so I dont know what Im doing… Im trying to get down to a $400 payment… last time he gave me 6k in incentive… plus the 6k equity in my car…

Not to be harsh, but I’d recommend to just hire a broker and sell your car separately.

2 Likes

Youre missing a bunch of fees from your calculator.

What incentives are you including?