Has anyone sold to Givemethevin?

Today they told me TFS won’t allow it.

Honestly he told me the 5 and as I went back to type them here I forgot :confused:

TFS/VW and forgot the other 3. If they come to me I’ll update.

BMW and GM Fi were both OK though.

Anyone considering a CCAP flip should do it ASAP in my opinion

Got my check from VCFS today & payoff letter last week.

GMTV came through well.

Would highly suggest Duane @ GMTV if you’ve experienced FUD with your Volvo / VCFS car.

1 Like

I’ve sold to ALGo last year, and it was a great experience.

My experience thus far with GMTV has been pretty bad. I went ahead with them because there were $1k more than the next highest offer from ALGo on a Ford F250.

5/25: Received call from the buyer with a quote. Negotiated and got an acceptable offer within an hour. Also informed buyer that I need to get a duplicate title at the DMV, which my appointment is set for 6/1, so the sale can’t be completed until after that date. Buyer agreed and asked that I send over all information requested, accept for the title to “hold” the price. All documents sent over same day, and no response from buyer at all.
5/27: texted and emailed buyer to ask if all information was received and got no response.
6/1: got the title in hand in the afternoon. Called buyer and sent in pics of front and back of title. Asked buyer when things can move forward, which he said documents should be process and sent over by Thursday or Friday (6/3 or 6/4) and vehicle should be picked up in CO by middle of the following week (6/9).
6/4: received email from logistics that I someone will coordinate the documents. I called logistics immediately at 10AM and was informed they do not have the completed paperwork yet, but as soon as they do, they’ll overnight to me today.
6/7: called logistics to see why I didn’t get Fedex. They made up excuse and said that I spoke to them too late in the day, so they could not send it out same day. I pointed out to her that the call was around 10AM. She then raised her voice and said she’s trying to get this done ASAP and assured me documents will be sent today. I also asked again if middle of the week pick up was still on schedule, which she clearly said yes.
6/8: Received Fedex. Signed 2 documents and Fedex back same day
6/9: Fedex received by them around 9AM. I called around 1PM, and they claim their mail person has not sorted yet, so they don’t have the papers. They said once they do, they should be able to Fedex the check and a transport order to the transport company on Thursday. I asked to get a tracking number once this is done because I do not trust them at this point.
6/11: I never received the requested tracking number. Called at 9AM and was told she’d send it in 30-40 minutes. Called 1 hour later and was told she’d send it later because she’s in a meeting. As of now, still no Fedex tracking number. I send an email to the buyer calling him out for lying about the timelines, and was told that there was supposedly a delay because they don’t have access to CO DMV to verify the title/registration.

I’ll keep y’all posted with how things proceed from here.

I called about 5 times throughout the afternoon and got to voicemail each time. Then I just called again and got “…the number dialed cannot be reached from your calling area”. I’m assuming those jerks blocked my call cuz they still have not Fedexed the check and orders to pick up the truck. At this point, I’m considering breaking the contract with them at the expense of $250 (their contract wording) and selling elsewhere for $1k less. Hopefully everyone else doesn’t get the same treatment I did with them.

They don’t buy out leases

Hi everybody!

Crazy what you find when you google “GiveMeTheVin”! I’m one of their field buyers. It’s nice to see that some of you have had good experiences with us and I apologize that some of you have had poor experiences. Would love to continue to earn business and keep moving metal.

Hope you all have a great evening!

3 Likes

One more update for the night: they canceled the transaction on me despite me sending back the buyer documents already. I had sent them an angry email to call them out for lying to me numerous times, to which they responded with “we will not be called liars” and canceled the transaction entirely.

We had to stop with lease buy outs like everyone else due to manufacturer banks stopping us from doing so. There was a time where everyone had positive equity in their lease, thus everyone was selling their lease, problem was that the manufacturers werent getting the car back so they stopped allowing 3rd party buy outs.

That’s not a true statement. Not all manufacturer banks have stopped allowing 3rd party dealer buyouts. Everyone else has not stopped buying out leases. Carvana, Vroom and Carmax have not stopped buying out lease from the lenders that still allow it. Last month Carmax bought out my Jeep Grand Cherokee lease with Chrysler Financial and they bought out my sisters MDX lease with Acura Financial. I have another lease with Honda and they allow dealer buyouts. Honda Financial has a very easy online system for dealers to get an instant payoff.
I wasted my time with GMTV to be told by the buyer, “Since it is a lease, we cannot buy your car. If you get the title in your name by paying off the lease and waiting for Honda to send you the title with your name on it, we can then buy the car.”
This made absolutely no sense because Honda allows dealer buyouts. Why would I payoff the lease and pay tax on it to than sell it to a dealer when they can buy it out? If you don’t want to buy out leases than it should be posted on your website. Stop playing games.

Of course I didn’t say all manufacturer banks stopped. VW and Nissan stopped entirely, CDJR, Honda and Toyota were still as was GM (thought we all know how long that takes)

Whoever from our office told you otherwise was wrong. I’ve done three Honda lease buy outs within the last 3ish weeks alone, though I’m still awaiting title on all 3 so I’m crossing my fingers on that part.

2 Likes

In your previous comment you stated “We had to stop with lease buy outs like everyone else due to manufacturer banks stopping us from doing so.” So does GMTV buyout leases from CDJR, Honda, Toyota & GM or not? Your comments are very conflicting.

We did have to stop for a short time, we were told VW and Nissan were both stopping all 3rd party buy outs. This was about 3-4 weeks ago. The word we were also told was that expect Honda, Toyota, etc to follow suit. We were also told to expect any lease buy outs for customers to be entirely unwound due to the suspicion we would never get title.

I can tell you for a fact that since then I’ve bought out a CDJR lease, 3 Honda leases and a GM lease. We have funded them all without issue but haven’t received title (which in some aspect is a problem solely on our end). So to answer your question, yes we stopped for a brief minute with lease buy outs, but yes we will do them now. The only catch to any lease owner right now is that if their positive equity is over 5k, we will withhold 1k of it until we get title; when we get title is currently up in the air…

1 Like

So explain why this Tuesday I was told this by a GMTV buyer; “Since it is a lease, we cannot buy your car. If you get the title in your name by paying off the lease and waiting for Honda to send you the title with your name on it, we can then buy the car.”

I assume you sent it through the website/call center? That I can’t answer as I honestly don’t know; my last honda lease I bought out was on 5/20/2021 and none of us field buyers have been told that we cannot do that since; feel free to email me the vin and miles, i can shove it through our DFW office if it works out.

Yes. I submitted it through the website and than a buyer contacted me. I will send you an email

You guys rock, please thank Duane for me, and Mike. Got my Volvo XC40 payoff letter and $4k MSD.

About to push another 2021 XC40 your way if interested. A lot of FUD with Volvo leases, you guys made it a breeze.

2 Likes

Sounds good; ill keep an eye out for it!

Thank you for the opportunity and business!

I also had a great experience w Duane

3 Likes

As did I, thanks!

2 Likes