Has anyone sold to Givemethevin?

I started the Process with them and they beat carvana offer on my Murano ( carvana is not buying anything from Nissan ), I send them pic and sign the online contest, Today i got a call and lady told me I have to drop the car in Manheim location , she said she will overnight the paperworks and the check but check check is not activated till everything get back From CR ) Conditional report) , I have not received the paperworks but I have 2 red flag in this convesration:
1- CR report Manheim which as far s I know it cover even the small scratch or curb damag on Wheel.
2- There is no activation available on any check, unless they are sending the Draft .
Any thought?

I just got a quote from GMTV after I sent them my carmax appraisal. I am considering it. What other issues have you faced to get this done. I am thinking of just dropping it off at carmax since that’s pretty easy and I don’t have to jump through hoops to get my check.

I had a local location that I dropped the car and got my check from. It was very simple.

I dropped my Nissan Murano 2018 on Saturday , I follow up with Givemethevin agent around 2pm on Monday and they said they have not received the CR report. I called manheim around 4Pm, and they said the CR report is easy , I asked them to send me a copy of CR report and I forward it to givemethevin, they activated my check around 7Pm and I deposit it the same night by phone. still waiting for payoff .

Sold my 2020 Volvo XC40 to GiveMeTheVin.com (GMTV)

Vroom had the highest offer, but slowest customer service reps, and one that quoted that ‘due to changes in the 2021 lease agreement you can’t sell to 3rd party buyers’ - I never saw this verbiage… because it’s a 2020.

**For all Volvo Owners that are looking to escape their lease, but hear nothing but BS and FUD, go to GiveMeTheVin.com, enter your details. **

**Send your Payoff Letter PDF you download from Volvo to whatever represenative you send your pictures to. I dealt with Duane, very nice guy. **

Call Volvo / VCFS @ 1-866-499-6793. Tell them you’re in a bit of a kerfuffle and need to pay off your car, please fax info to: [FAX GIVEN FROM GMTV]

Also ask them to create a note on your account that it’s OK to speak to any bank / customer service representative regarding your account. I was told they are fine with adding notes to the account to make an exception to verify numbers. This worked fine after a very anxious 2 days due to all the FUD spread by people on here.

I’m getting FedEx check / documents tomorrow, and to speed up the process, dropping it off at Manheim myself 20 minutes away.

These guys don’t screw around, I’ll have a Saturday Rush AM with all documents & a check. Manheim is open 24/7, so going to drop it off this weekend with the girlfriend to save myself an Uber trip. It’ll be inspected first thing Monday morning.

SOLD: 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design

VCFS Payoff: $37,360

Offered:

• GMTV: $40,250 (Originally $39,275, came up to match Vroom, didn’t want to twist arm)
  • Vroom: $40,792 (denied by them - slow & didn’t realize 2021 lease terms don’t apply to 2020’s)
  • CarMax : $38,400-$38,600 (backup as they know you just need to send a cashiers / certified check to VCFS)
  • KBB Instant Cash: $36,974
  • Volvo Dealer: ‘Wait was that the one I sold you?’ (no response after ‘yes’)

4/28: Initial contact with GMTV
4/28: Purchase Offer Sent
4/29: Second Purchase offer Sent coming up near Vroom
4/29: First contact with Hayleigh, GMTV logistics coordinator
4/30: FedEx sent overnight Saturday AM so I can drop the vehicle off tomorrow night.

Told me I could wait 1-2 weeks until they could get a local transporter, but much like the JG Wentworth commercial - I had a good VCFS lease and I needed cash now!

Farewell, my little viking (Pete & Pete reference) but this has really been my favorite vehicle so far… got one for my brother and one mom as well.

2 Likes

I tried, was immediately merged into here. GMTV deserves more of a spotlight as they are smart enough to deal with Volvo’s. They have an entire title department to deal with all the FUD of VCFS.

Anyway, it’s all set:

Send them your VCFS payoff number / PDF from the website, and ask VCFS to add a note to your account: Please give permission to have banks or interested parties verify the payoff number for 1 week.

In the overnight envelope you get a check & sign over limited POA to get the title transferred to them in TX. You get a note saying they are guaranteed to pay VCFS your exact payout amount.

Includes a little extra - perhaps for a down payment on a Tesla. Once the vehicle’s inspected they activate the check within 1-3 hours & bob’s your uncle.

2 Likes

Glad you had a good experience. I’ll prob sell to them within the next few weeks. Thanks for reporting back!

1 Like

Great experience all around, would HIGHLY suggest them for those who have been jerked around or ignored by Vroom and others. They’re just fine sending a cashiers / certified check to Volvo for your payoff amount which is why some buyers won’t work with Volvo… I guess they want the dealer buyout figure.

Give Me The Vin was awesome all the way around: Duane Biggs, Hayleigh in acquisitions, and Mike Turley their manager. Check was activated today, just smiles all around after people only had luck with CarMax / VCFS.

Saved me a drive out to PA.

2 Likes

Did you work with Domingo?

Nope

Duane Biggs, Hayleigh in logistics, and Mike Turley even followed up.

VROOM and CarMax have nothing on these guys. They need to advertise more in the tri-state, because they were responsive beginning to end.

Vroom has awesome numbers, but they can vary and Vroom support sucks. I also got follow up numbers around 2-3k different to 2 diff emails for my sister’s Sorento, same everything else except names and email addresses.

If I have to sell again, not wasting time and a week of Xanax, just going to GMTV

1 Like

Duane is the man.

1 Like

I personally had very shitty experience with GMTV. I personally worked with a guy named Beau that talks like a shitty used car salesman from the 80’s. What they basically said was after the quote and everything was done and uploaded, they suddenly said they don’t buy Mercedes-Benz. F this company.

At this point, Vroom is really dragging their feet and I’m considering going back to GMTV to negotiate, I just don’t think they will come up $2k to match Vroom’s price.

1 Like

I just recently sold my daughter’s VW to Vroom and it was excellent. Mine was a very complicated situation where I had to actually buyout the lease first and wait for the title to come before I sold it to them. Got an offer that was higher than the previous high, which was already 1K more than the competiotors. So afterall, it was 2K more than Carvana. Sold one to Carvana before as well and they were really good too. It seems like my daughter’s car is pending sales right now.

Came up $975 for me… Worth a try to send the PDF of Vroom and ask if they can come close if you drop it off at Manheim nearby for them :wink:

GMTV sent my payoff check to Nissan HQ instead of their payoff, it is almost 2 weeks since they had my car.

Submitted an offer, which came up a good deal lower than Carvana/Vroom. No response after texting/emailing twice starting last week simply asking if they could price match. Not impressed.

Dropping the Camaro off at Mannheim New England this weekend.

GMTV was considerably higher than all other buying sources. So far customer service has been very strong.

I hate to see this car go. Hands down most enjoyable machine (and sound) under $300/month. Can’t keep em all, though!

5 Likes

keeping the m550i then?

My thoughts on this change every hour lol

Every single post on that thread has convinced me I’m crazy for letting it go

2 Likes