Has anyone sold to Givemethevin?

So explain why this Tuesday I was told this by a GMTV buyer; “Since it is a lease, we cannot buy your car. If you get the title in your name by paying off the lease and waiting for Honda to send you the title with your name on it, we can then buy the car.”

I assume you sent it through the website/call center? That I can’t answer as I honestly don’t know; my last honda lease I bought out was on 5/20/2021 and none of us field buyers have been told that we cannot do that since; feel free to email me the vin and miles, i can shove it through our DFW office if it works out.

Yes. I submitted it through the website and than a buyer contacted me. I will send you an email

You guys rock, please thank Duane for me, and Mike. Got my Volvo XC40 payoff letter and $4k MSD.

About to push another 2021 XC40 your way if interested. A lot of FUD with Volvo leases, you guys made it a breeze.

2 Likes

Sounds good; ill keep an eye out for it!

Thank you for the opportunity and business!

I also had a great experience w Duane

3 Likes

As did I, thanks!

2 Likes

Chad Cunningham, who is the owner of givemethevin is a good acquaintance of mine.

1 Like

Chad doesn’t own GMTV; John Clay Wolfe owns GMTV.

2 Likes

Chad has demoted from a “good” acquaintance of @derekoh1991’s to only a “fair” one for lying.

5 Likes

LOL. Haha!

1 Like

GiveMeTheBestPrice is the driving factor. “This isn’t making friends, this is business” as some guy I used to work with once put it.

After GMTV canceled my deal because I called them out for lying for not being upfront with the paperwork delays, I went back to negotiate with AlGo and got them to match GMTV’s offer. AlGo sent all paperwork electronically within 1 hour with a UPS label to overnight a POA and title. GMTV did not do electronic signatures on documents, despite their buyer telling me this was possible, which made their process even slower.

Yeah not sure why any buyer would say paperwork is done electronically. We Fedex overnight everything, again field buyers get this done faster than these in house guys. It’s a killer and I’ve heard plenty of stories unfortunately. I try to intercept people before they submit it online…

Are you still buying out BMW and Land Rover leases?

I sent an email to our controller Saturday, will know Monday, asking which banks are actually working with us and allowing lease buy outs. I have not heard otherwise outside of VW and Nissan/Infiniti but obviously don’t want to spout wrong info, especially after hearing all the above problems.

Got my MSD back from Volvo with a few extra dollars.

Somehow GMTV got my volvo paid off at Volvo dealer buyout.

My lease broker claims they no longer allow Volvo’s but this is the same place that said Volvo’s weren’t possible, so enjoy!

1 Like

@Justin_Emerson can you clarify for us the deal with Volvo buy outs? There are multiple people saying that gmtv has told them they can’t do Volvo buy outs and others saying they’ve gone through without issue. It’d be helpful to understand what the limitations are.

2 Likes

I’m on it; will report back when I’m told tomorrow.

2 Likes