Grand Wagoneer----Its Biiiiiig

The way the leases are structured for RR right now and always, they already seem like they have a base price of 150k.

Based on the naming convention I assumed the Grand would be larger than the Wagoneer.

Turns out they’re the same body, just different engine and options choices.

No kidding?

I assumed one Tahoe size and one suburban size

Interesting!

2 Likes

Don’t forget 20k separating them in price.

It is already happening.

Avg car prices have been steadily rising. Customers at both end of the price spectrum are going for more expensive models regardless of affordability (stretching out the loan terms) so the manufacturers are just seeing this as profit taking opportunity.

You’d be surprised how many of these of these are used just for that purpose by real wives of _______ (enter the city of your choice from your area).

That interior!

4 Likes

Other than the girth, is there anything else we are supposed to be impressed by?

Based on that remark, I’ll venture a guess that we do not like the same things.

4 Likes

Wow - come out the closet it’s ok - the world is open minded now -

Mike stop watching the girls on tik took and get back to the cars

Are they seeing this as an opportunity or are they curating this with the banks?

I wouldn’t be surprised if manufactures and their finance arms were intentionally incentivizing programs with banks to induce longer terms to promote more interest and higher MSRPs.

This is exactly what I was thinking, had no idea they were the same body. Won’t these compete with each other too much to make sense?

Are there really huge differences between the two other than the pricing? Seems like they probably could have condensed this into one vehicle with a ton of different model choices, kind of like the GC now

Who me? Lol

That’s Ralph Gilles’ IG feed.

“President and CEO of Chrysler’s SRT brand and Senior Vice President of Design at Chrysler before being promoted to Head of Design for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in April 2015”

Be a lot nicer if they found a tasteful way to put some of that wood on the OUTSIDE.

3 Likes

I would bet there is a woodie special edition in the pipeline. Of course Jeep NEVER does special editions so who knows?

3 Likes

Introducing the Jeep Grand Wagoneer BIG WOODY 82nd Anniversary Edition!

4 Likes

I think as the standard equipment including new safety & convinence features started becoming standard on most models & prices started creeping up, car companies had to work with their finance arms to figure out a solution & longer terms was one of the easiest way out.

but i think it cant confidently argue that the idea couldn’t have started with raising the prices as well

Tech has widened the gap between luxury cars/well equiped mainstream cars and more basic transportation. As people wanted to have cars with all the tech niceties and, to some extent luxury, the only option was to extend out the loan to keep the car payments affordable to the middle class.

As an aside, I’m not convinced that safety features are a terribly important contributor to price creep. Toyota has managed to put it’s suite or safety features in pretty much every car it makes including it’s cheap ones. These certainly increase the cost of cars but they are not why a Highlander platinum or Telluride SX is 50k dollars.

2 Likes

Rich house moms will eat this thing up. You’ll see tons of them in the higher end of the middle areas

1 Like