Grand Wagoneer----Its Biiiiiig

Any high end audio makes any car a high end :point_up:

Heritage does not prove greatness, just not to the college admissions process.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

You think 2 is unnerving, lookup “1981 Aston Martin Lagonda interior” 1-spoke wheel.

Based on a quick search apparently the 2 spoke design is creeping into world. GV80, C8 corvette are just the two I found very quickly, probably others exist as well.

2 Likes

Previous-gen Expedition/Navigator vibes on the body styling.

“The inside is where the Wagoneer really shines.”

4 Likes

I think it looks great, i don’t have 100k to spend on this.
Would i buy this if i had 100k laying around? Probably not, I’d go for an Escalade.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out, who is the target audience for this? I just don’t see anyone spending that type of money on something where much better alternatives exist.

Their testing the waters to see how far their demographic and competitors conquests are willing to pay. I dont think many 100k models will line up the lots; mostly an 80k starting trims.

1 Like

The Grand Wagoneer starts at ~$90K.

1 Like

It’s not a design that appeals to me but i’m certainly not the target market. At first, like others have said, I wasnt really sure WHO the target market actually is?

However, Jeep’s Wrangler and Grand Cherokee regularly feature in those silly ‘cars richest people drive’ type lists so maybe it’s not a total stretch to figure out that wealthy folks in places that have weather will stretch for this. I can see it at home in the fancier ski resorts as an Escalade alternate I guess?

Wrangler is a completely different beast that appeals to a broad range of people for a variety of reasons. GC is a wide enough range where the few super high end trims that are sold are carried by thousands of fleet sales. This thing doesn’t seem to have a base model price wise, so we’ll see how well it does.

1 Like

Not really hard to hoodwink the Escalade audience if you can product-place this in the right pop culture places.

To paraphrase Lincoln (the president, not the car company), an Escalade is a vehicle built for people who don’t recognize luxury by people who don’t know luxury.

3 Likes

Honestly, from a purchasing (not lease) perspective, who is paying $85k for a Tahoe/Yukon/Expedition/Wagoneer over an X7 or GLE/S. Yet, these behemoths are all over the road. Honestly this will sell, since everyone else is somehow able to move these extra large SUV at ease. We all know they don’t lease well.

Personally, unless you have 4 kids or tow a boat, no one needs these huge 3 rows other than being flashy. Then again, gotta keep up with the Joneses.

2 Likes

These 3 are very popular with fleets and black car services. They also last for a very long time, so once on the road it will stay on the road until it’s either totaled or disintegrates into nothingness. And once again all those cars have low end trims that make up in volume for the high end ones. Personally I don’t think this monstrosity will do well, but who knows, I’ve been surprised before.

Yep, nobody will want to park his $100K Jeep next to neighbor’s $100K Range Rover.

Very few people. The Tahoe/Yukon/Expedition all start at about 50k. Sure some people are buying examples over 80K but I’d guess the average sales price is about $60k. Only the Escalade and Navigator have the $75k+ starting MSRP. And even with their huge number of fleet sales, the Escalade or Navigator are only selling 10%-20% more units than X7 and GLS.

For the Grand Wagoneer to be a success it either needs fleet sales or to have the cross over appeal of the Wrangler. Jeep’s share driveways with Volvo’s, Acura’s and Tesla’s. The same can’t really be said of any other Jeep vehicle.

This is the challenge. It needs to be something people want to have in their driveways in the super affluent close in suburbs next to a neighbor’s Rover. This is a challenge since even the Escalade and Navigator don’t really resonate with this suburban demo.

2 Likes

The build quality and materials suck on those. They’re popular with fleets, Uber and livery services because parts are cheap and there’s not much competition

Its interesting that Jeeps Focus groups and product planners are quite confident on their product spread:

GC
GC-L
Wagoneer
Grand Wagoneer

If they make this happen/successful, expect the industry as whole to move pricing up.

Oh you want a RR…starting at a mere $150k

Damn: RIP ESCALADE! 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Review - YouTube

1 Like

It looks like a bloated Durango with none of the presence of Escalade or Navigator that they are comparing it to. It would be interesting to see if it succeeds, but somehow I really doubt it.