Got ripped off on 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA AMG 35 lease PLS HELP

Yes… let’s impact a salesperson’s income because a consumer was negligent and didn’t do the necessary research on the second largest purchase one makes after a house. OP has absolutely nobody to blame except himself. He voluntarily signed the lease contract. Nobody threatened his life if he didn’t.

Bravo to the dealer for making a profit. They’re a for-profit business not a charity.

7 Likes

LOL…

The salesperson is in the customer service industry. Reviews are part of the game.

You can’t say don’t blame the dealer for taking advantage of the customer and then turn around and blame the customer for taking advantage of the dealer in the ways that he can.

5 Likes

Even charities are not charity

2 Likes

Sure, review them negatively for doing something negative. Giving them a poor review for agreeing to terms everyone said yes to is a bullshit, petty thing to do.

No one here got taken advantage of.

8 Likes

Don’t get me started on scam charities like Kars for Kids. Such a scam it isn’t even funny. Sickening

3 Likes

What is your definition of taking advantage, how much would you let then “earn”

3 Likes

I would never want to be your server at Chili’s.

11 Likes

BTW… I’m not convinced that this is a “terrible” deal. I haven’t run the numbers and honestly its not worth my time.

But, for the sake of argument, lets say the money factor is inflated; then I think it is reasonable to “retaliate” with bad reviews.

If however the money factor is not inflated, and its just a reduced discount, I would not be complaining.

2 Likes

Dealers can offer whatever they want

Customers can say yes or no. Period.

I’d like to think the OP shopped more than one dealer and found this to be acceptable.

6 Likes

Why? Dealerships mark up mfs all the time. Hell, there are times where it is financially advantageous to have them mark up the mf. The rent charge is on the contract that was agreed to. Making up the mf isn’t shady.

2 Likes

Why? OP agreed to it. They didn’t bait or switch anything nor dupe OP at all.

A marked up money factor can be a standard business process to make a profit depending on the dealership. You’re ridiculous to say the least. I feel bad for any customer service or frontline employee that is subjected to your unrealistic expectations

1 Like

LOL…first of all I don’t eat at Chilli’s. Secondly I tip more than 20%, and since COVID have been tipping >30%; but go ahead and make assumptions.

1 Like

Wtf :joy: so you’re gonna ruin some guys income that may have a family and stuff, real rational response.

I would at least be cordial and give them the chance to fix it (albeit there’s not much than be done now), NV has a 3 day right of recision; cancel any contract.

Definitely talk to the GM though, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Be surprised what people can do with a little honey and not vinegar (1 star reviews like some people do)

3 Likes

There’s also a high likelihood that the salesman had no idea what the mf was, if it was marked up, etc. The numbers don’t generally come from the salesman interfacing with the customer.

4 Likes

You may tip well but does it count if you write them a bad review after and get your meal comped because you ordered the wrong thing?

6 Likes

4 Likes

That’s true…

but you also assume that the customer has this perfect knowledge of how a dealership works, which is clearly not the case.

What other remedies are available to the consumer?

1 Like

I knew this thread would attract the crazies

8 Likes

Leasehackr.

But 3 days ago instead of 2

5 Likes

I wish more people used leasehackr.

Or used ethical brokers.

BUT, again, if you are in customer service, you need to make sure the customer is happy, and then would include educating them on how the deal is structured if need be.