Got ripped off on 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA AMG 35 lease PLS HELP

He should go in there and request it happen. Not take no for an answer. No matter what! Isn’t that how you get M5’s, after all? It’s all in the attitude.

3 Likes

I believe this is substance…

“Above all first work the #s and get a strategy in place and I would even hire a professional MB hacker to get this straightened out!”

Thanks!

Be sure to post pics to the “Worst Leases you’ve seen thread”

1 Like

Sure, once that’s done, by all means.

I doubt there’s going to be anyone to hire here though.

You’re in good luck, CA has among the strictest Lemon Laws in the country, bring it in early and often and hire one of the states finest. We used to called it the 40,000 mile test drive.

1 Like

Day late dollar short

I don’t blame the dealer

You could have done research prior to buying instead of after. You prob researched the car and should have researched the deal.

Their job is to maximize profits. I don’t accuse them of anything other than doing their job.

As a consumer, you had all the power to inform yourself as to what makes sense but didn’t take the time.

13 Likes

This.

And I have no clue why anybody is suggesting buying the car out. That’s just throwing good money after bad and won’t save anything.

8 Likes

They have to bring food to the table like anyone else.

Agreed. Dealers aren’t charities.

4 Likes

I’m in the process of financing a GLE AMG 53 and managed to get 6% off MSRP before incentives. However, I can’t tell you how much BS I had to go through to get any dealers to give even a 1% discount on these AMG models and how much they mark up their rates to possibly fck over each customer. My experience with MB dealerships is much worse than BMW, Audi, etc and I saw many customers get ripped off right before my eyes in the dealership so you aren’t alone. I would just enjoy your beautiful car and don’t hit your self in the head to much cause this happens to most people who arent on the forums.

1 Like

On a scale of 0 to Christie Smythe, the OP is rated a Skylar Mack.

Not the end of the world, you’ll live and learn. If you choose to.

Everyone needs to stop beating OP up. We have to remember this forum probably has the savviest hackrs in the entire nation. The fact is most people don’t get deals that are even remotely close to what we see in this forum. OP’s deal is not great, but it’s probably within 1 standard deviation of the deals that regular non-savvy people get. As a matter of fact, it’s because of these non-savvy customers that allow these dealerships to exist in the first. Imaging if everyone got 12+ on the leasehackr score most of the dealerships would probably be out of business.

OP should just enjoy the car and make sure to prepare for his next lease. GLA AMG 35 is a nice car and that’s what’s important now.

No one is beating the OP up, we’re just answering his/her questions that A) yea the deal stinks, and B) there’s nothing to be done about it now except enjoy the car and live and learn for next time.

It could be way worse as far as I’m concerned, if you’re going to be stuck with a crap deal for the next 4 years it might as well be on a brand new AMG Merc :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

On the bright side, they may agree to a steep discount before end of year since they already made all their money this month from OP.

Just kidding OP, do what you can and move on. You signed it initially so if you didn’t know it was a bad deal you’d be perfectly happy with the car.

1 Like

cancel the addons, have them rewrite the lease with these new subtractions. if they don’t write reviews on Yelp and Google, most dealerships hate that, also let them know when your survey comes you will make sure your voice is heard, all dealerships hate that…good luck

1 Like

I must have missed the part where the sales rep put a gun to OP’s head and forced him to sign this deal…

9 Likes

Holding the salesman’s income hostage because you didn’t do your homework and agreed to a bad deal is a really shitty thing to do.

Getting the extras removed is a good path forward. Beyond that, live and learn.

17 Likes

OP is at fault for not doing their research first. The lease contract will not be rewritten. Most OP can do is cancel the add on packages and learn from their mistakes which they seem to be doing.

2 Likes

I know there are industry types on here…but just like the consumer needs to be aware of the fact that the dealer will try to take advantage of them, the dealer and the salesperson needs to understand that if you piss off a customer they will use whatever is available to them as “payback”.

If I thought a dealership took financial advantage of me I would definitely give the dealer and salesperson 0-1 starts on any feedback forms. I would definitely put up one star reviews on Yelp and Google, sticking to the facts (i.e. I was trying to minimized contact during COVID and this delearship/salesperson rushed me through and took advantage of me).

That being said, OP should post his money factor, and also ask at Edmunds what the appropriate money factor should be. Cancelling the add ons is a good idea as well.

Note that buying the car outright may help if the money factor is ridiculously inflated.

2 Likes

Absolutely. If the dealership did something shady, call them out for it. There is no evidence of anything like that going on here. The OP agreeing to a mediocre deal isn’t them getting taken advantage of.

People seem to have this idea that a dealership is obligated to give away the farm and if they don’t, they’re taking advantage of the customer. The dealership and the OP here came to mutually agreed on terms. There was nothing that appears to be deceptive going on. All the blame on the quality of this deal falls on the OP. It’s their job to ensure they get a good deal and no one else.

And no, I’m not an “industry type”.

8 Likes

This is horrible and pathetic

6 Likes