Got ripped off on 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA AMG 35 lease PLS HELP

The customer was happy at the time of signing. OP could have said no and negotiated more if he/she was not happy with the deal.

9 Likes

No. No. No.

Just please stop.

It is not anyone’s job at a car dealership or in any sales position to share their profit margins with a customer or prospect.

The sales persons role is to sell value on the vehicle and deal. If they sell the value, the customer will buy if they feel the value/price makes sense. If not, they don’t buy and get to go elsewhere for a better price.

5 Likes

So inflating the MF is a matter of ethics?

2 Likes

Do their homework prior to signing for a car? LH may help offer guidance on how to most effectively do that, but it is far from the only source of information.

I know that most customers have no idea how any of this works, but that’s their fault for not taking the time to figure it out. I have no sympathy for someone that goes into a 5 figure purchase without spending any time researching. People will spend hours worrying about $100 on a new $1000 tv but can’t be bothered to look into a $20k+, multi year commitment… And then blame the salesman for not doing their work for them. It’s ridiculous.

5 Likes

Ethnical Money Factor Board will convene Sunday’s.

All are encouraged to come.

Where we will discuss how sales should divulge all their tricks and pricing so the customer can “take advantage” of the dealership.

7 Likes

You are in a strong consumer biased state
See Deceptive Practices of your CLRA
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=CIV&division=3.&title=1.5.&part=4.&chapter=3.&article=
Anything even come close to one or more of the 25 in 1770?

I know this isn’t going to help but can we see pics of this car? I don’t know too much about the CLA AMG but is it atleast fully loaded to the max??

2 Likes

This is an expensive lesson, chalk it up as such. You paid too much for a nice car, there are worse things out there. We’ve all been ripped off on something at some point (maybe not this much), and gain some knowledge for next time.

Well, there is this thing called the internet…

This OP’s situation was not a life or death situation. No one was forcing the OP to purchase the car right then and there. No one was forcing the OP to rush into a decision b/c he or she couldn’t be bothered to figure out the “damage” to their previous lease wasn’t going to cost much to cover.

Who’s to say what the correct “customer service” move was this situation? B/f checking the internet, was the OP happy w/ the speed, efficiency, and politeness of the dealership staff? Some people (no one here, obviously) are happy to pay full price and then some for an easy purchase (as you are w/ your gracious tipping).

If I go into a restaurant and order food, I don’t ask the restaurant what their wholesale cost is, and I don’t ask them if another eatery in the area has the same food at a lower cost. It’s up to me to determine what I’m comfortable paying and whether I want to find something similar at a different facility for a lower price.

Who is “you” in this case? I don’t see anyone making the argument you claim is being made.

4 Likes

Sounds like buyers remorse. OP negotiated and signed a deal with what sounds like little to no DD. Nobody’s fault but OP.

2 Likes

This thread has reached its useful life, and has ended just as every other like one has to this point, and every one in the future will as well:

1. Op signs a deal, then gets buyers remorse, and wants out

2. Some tell the OP it is a lost cause

3. Some feel the OP has some sort of rights after the sale to have the contract rewritten, although nobody is under an obligation to do so

4. Some people feel the OP should needlessly screw the dealership, because someone apparently held a gun to his head and forced him to sign something he didn’t research enough

5. Some people feel OP has some right to just screw the dealer because the customer is always right, and hey, they’re a dealership, so they deserve it

6. OP gave up replying long ago, and others just like to see their comment on the Internet, even though it’s been repeated 15 previous times in the thread already

If OP has anything further to add, he can PM me to reopen the thread. Otherwise, there’s really nothing to add of value that hasn’t already been said already at least 10 times already.

12 Likes

Reminder

17 Likes

Others have said it but $600 a month was never going to happen with this car so there is no reason to feel remorse. The GLA AMGs have never been good leases so if anything you left some cash on the table but this wasn’t a hosing.

5 Likes