Got an XC90 PHEV lease quote

Hi, everyone.

I got a quote for an XC90 PHEV
MSRP off 15%. RV 55%, MF 0.00373. The LH score is 6. Are these numbers reasonable?

I may also need a mortgage later this year. Could I buy out the lease earlier for the mortgage?

Thank you!

I am not sure about those numbers, but following since I will be looking one myself to replace my palisades later this year.

That is not a great deal at all

start by verifing that MF and incentives with Edmunds.
In my region via Volvo there are these incentives for leasing and based off how you entered looks like they are really not providing a 15.5% discount :slight_smile:

2023 Volvo EV Lease Bonus Cash - $7,500
2023 Volvo Presidents’ Day Bonus Cash - $750
Loyalty - 1500

Cant help on mortgage question…

Thanks!

Yes, the 15% off includes the EV credit pass-through. So it’s:
2023 Volvo EV Lease Bonus Cash - $7,500
2023 Volvo Presidents’ Day Bonus Cash - $750
2023 Volvo A Plan - $500
Dealer discount: - $3300

The MF and RV are from Edmunds. I’m also surprised the LH score is only 6-year, partly because the RV value is low and MF is high?

Then this a 4% discount, not 15%

Dont let the dealer make you think theyre doing you any favors by giving incentives.

4 Likes

Thank you! I think I only care about my out-of-pocket cost. Whether the discounts are from government, or Volvo, or dealer, it really doesn’t make differences. :slight_smile:

It does when youre baselining against other deals so you can effectivelh negotiate, which is what actually gets you to the lowest total cost.

3 Likes

You can finance for less at 1089 0 down 72 months at 3%.

The LH calculator just needs MSRP % off as input. It’s a total of all discounts. In my case, it’s 15%.

But financing doesn’t give me $7500 EV credit?

That I’m not sure about. Some here can tell you about that. maybe @jeisensc or @Ursus

Since incentives could vary by zip code/region or individual, going with the pre-incentive discount off MSRP makes it easier to compare deals. If I were shopping for this car, I would not qualify for loyalty or A plan.

How many dealers have you reached out to in your area? Is this the best offer you’ve received so far?

1 Like

The only Volvo eligible for Section 30 is the S60. The only way to get an incentive related to the tax credit on the other Recharge models is to lease (S45).

3 Likes

Except that doesnt properly tax incentives, so it not only gives your poor comparisons, it can give you wrong answers.

1 Like

Also, i would suggest to look at marketplace section and see what LH brokers offer.
One example.

Neither does this as its a taxed incentive.

$1,183 per month for a XC90?

Cmon that’s nuts.

5 Likes

How about immediately buy it out?

The main purpose is to get 7500 EV credit.

No, lease can pass through the incentive.

Volvo XC90 Lease + Immediate Buyout

It explicitly calls out that the deal doesn’t work with the PHEV model, unfortunately.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/volvo-lease-deals-ca-most-exclusive-pricing-only-here-ez-auto-group/390250/16?u=leaser2019