Good Family SUV deals?

CA- California

Hi,

It’s been a while since I have have really been on here properly after my last lease I signed on a BMW in spring 2018. Obviously a lot has changed since then in terms of the market and deals that can be acquired, but I was hoping I could get at least some suggestions/pointed in the right direction from the community on here. My wife has a 2013 Nissan Sentra with 140,000 miles on the clock and with us having baby twins this year we’re looking at trading that in to get her in to an SUV. My preference would be a hybrid car (given the current cost of gas, especially given we live in California, and my gage of where it could go with inflation the way it is) but if there’s crazy good deal I can find on a gas vehicle we’d be open.

Has anyone on here recently come across or got a good SUV deal (EV or gas) that you could point me in the direction of please? We’re on a budget so looking to keep it at a max of $400pm after tax.

Happy New Year!

Welcome to JeepHackr, may I interest you in a wrangler 4xe?

10 Likes

Damn, I’ve typo’d on the site address again. I meant to go on leasehackr. Ha ha

Quite possibly if it’s good deal!

1 Like

They’re not quite as amazing of deals in CA due to the bigger discounting dealerw being on the east coast, but for a phev suv, they’re the best lease deal going right now.

1 Like

Finance a PHEV like a RAV4 Prime and several Kias if close to sticker and take the federal credit on your taxes.

2 Likes

I’m going to have a look around for some wrangler 4xe’s and see what I can find

It’s not going to happen by finding one at a dealer. You’ll need to order. If you’re in socal, @Clutch and @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto are probably your best options due to shipping proximity.

1 Like

Kia of Valencia is doing no markup/add ons on sorentos and just add-ons for tellurides.

If you really need to stay within a $400/mo budget there probably aren’t many options.

1 Like

Not sure a Wrangler is a good choice for two babies.

1 Like

I actually thought about this from when I was looking for one myself a few years ago and a parent of a kid I used to coach mentioned getting adjusted suspension if I hit one and planned on having kids

1 Like

Thanks, we’re in Hollywood so I’ll check them out and take a drive up when we get back from the central coast. Appreciate your feedback, I’m
Not a huge Kia fan but my wife actually likes that car and like you say the budget we have atm is constructing. Could change soon but for now that could work, cheers

Another poster said “Kia Niro EV. I can get one at MSRP at about 41k. California incentives give me $750 right away, cvrp is another 2K and federal tax credit is $7,500. Seems like it makes more sense to buy than lease.”

I’m not west coast but you should probably check out all the state/county/city/utilities rebates you can get out there.

1 Like

2wd vw atlas? Ur gonna need some room to haul all the crap that comes with twins!

Fair point! I’m already mentally preparing for a Mercedes Sprinter for by the time they end up at school ha ha

21 Honda Passport

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.