Good deal or bad?

$2450 for that? It’s literally useless and not even worth the paper that it’s printed on.

Yet OP was presented with this product, shown the price and agreed to purchase it. There’s no way around that legally. F&I guy probably made a month’s salary on this deal :speedboat:

2 Likes

Yup, when I saw the details of the $2450 advance protection, F&I can take the whole month off. But maybe he can cancel that like what @Mark_H did to his. But again, no idea of how Honda does it.

I just googled this company. It isn’t additional GAP insurance, it is GPS theft recovery and vehicle monitoring.

If this was a device physically installed in the car, OP may have a hard time getting out of this one. The whole contract would have to be posted to view though.

EDIT: The company’s website literally says, “InTouch brings dealers a way to manage and protect their lot inventory with powerful GPS tools. It can bring a boost to the F&I department as another source of revenue and has tools to help increase service retention.”

1 Like

That BS got mandated by the dealer on our Terrain lease as a condition of them giving us $2k flex cash. However, it was only $299. Which was still $299 more than it was worth.

You ain’t much smarter unfortunately.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 2019 VW Tiguan R-Line deal help

@adk good research, @mjsean32 take a look at this. I’m glad people are helping.

1 Like

Not the right place to post that dude…

How so @Ian_Park?

Oh man this is painful. I genuinely thought this was a poor troll attempt when I first read it yesterday, sad that it’s actually real and sadder still that someone is paying Merc GLS money for a Pilot. The kind of metal you could get for this payment is just…

If I was OP, I’d take a trip down to New Orleans this weekend, park it somewhere and let it and that hideous payment float away.

6 Likes

sorry…where should I post it then?

You think that’s a helpful or insightful advise?

1 Like

Should he be canceling GAP?? I know he was taken for but this may be valuable since he owes so much even with paying $850 for it.

I believe in CA, you can cancel these additional contracts anytime for pro rated amount. Hopefully NY is same

Unless some kind of GPS tracker was line itemed in the worksheet and part of the sales price, it shouldn’t be.

I did a deal on an Infiniti where similar to @chrishs2000 Terrain example, I accepted a $200 VIN etching BS add on to get a bigger overall discount/floor cash or whatever it was. At the first service I had the service manager check for where the etching was and it was never put on…when I asked the finance guy he claimed they don’t do any physical etching…its just an insurance policy (sure :roll_eyes:).

1 Like

You are right @Ian_Park, I’ll be more helpful moving forward starting now:

@mjsean32 here is a coupon you can use to wash your car in Queens: https://www.groupon.com/deals/silverpoint-car-care-center-3

1 Like

Dealer provided gap insurance is usually pricier than getting it from your personal auto insurance. It’s required on leases, so it’s an easy upsell at the dealership when signing the contract.

Definitely agree. The point was to ensure he maintains GAP or make sure to swap them out from dealer provided to a cheaper source. Not just to cancel entirely to save some costs.

Correct, however my comment was meant to pertain to true capitalism. I agree 100% our system is far from a true free market.

I thought Honda included GAP?

Honda leases have gap