GM supplier code question

After reading thru the GM supplier site, I’m not clear on something. I have a friend who works for an eligible supplier company. Does he have to buy/lease a car himself to get an authorization code that he can give to me? Or can he just login and request a code I can use?

You need to provide proof you work for the company. That being said the last 2 times I leased a gm I was given a link to give supplier to a friend (was good for 6 months)

Right, he works for an eligible company. You leased and got the code which can be shared with anyone; doesn’t need to be someone working at the supplier.

I’m asking: if he doesn’t lease anything can he still get a code and give to me?

If he didn’t get a special offer then my understanding is no. Like I said you’ll need to provide a pay stub or other form of proof.

Huh? The friend code is for someone who doesnt work at gm or a supplier so why would I need to show where I work??

My understanding is the person who is eligible has to lease and then they can share the code.

2 Likes

If you have previously leased during the year with YOUR personal code, you are allowed to gift an authorization to someone. I believe they just email it to you, put your info into a form, etc. That only works with true supplier, not college. I’m not sure about educator or first responder.

3 Likes

Current rules of GM supplier program as of this AM…bumping this old thread due to the “2020 Camaro Holiday Madness”.

1 Like

How do I get the dealer to see how much cash the dealer will get using a supplier code?
The dealer I am working with is under supplier pricing but does not see how much they will get rebated by gm

The dealer doesn’t see or the dealer doesn’t want to disclose to you that they see so they can try to justify a higher price?

The dealer does not seem to know he gets extra money with the code. He seems to not care if I have a code or not. I want to show him in dealerworld where he can see the dollars. I do not know where it is.

paging @ElectricEliminator …Mr GMF obfuscation clearer is needed here…

i think we need to page @chevysalesgirl

Bring them all in! The lack of clarity on the GM side is just crazy.

supplier pricing is by dealer participation. there’s nothing that states any car has to be sold at supplier pricing. they don’t ‘not know’ what it is.

I’m always highly suspect when I see a dealer feigning ignorance over something so key to their business.

1 Like

They are selling the car below supplier pricing and do not seem to care if I have a code because they seem to think no extra money for them. I want to show them where the extra money is

1 Like

It’s in the cloud, where most the GM sales reps brains are :joy:.

You’re going to have to hand hold, I would just ask for a manager right away.

Does anyone know if GMS works if you’re a contractor to the eligible firm? I’m confused how it would work - maybe GM brokers can chime in?

I work for a consulting firm ABC - I’m contracted out to XYZ. The XYZ firm set me up with their email and everything like a regular employee except my paychecks come from ABC. Can I still use XYZs GMS code. I was able to generate one since the email matched the company code. But what kind of proof GMF will ask when purchase/leasing

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/about-the-discount/