GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Swap done early December, lease has ended I am just month to month now waiting for the new VIN to populate so I can purchase.

Too funny, just after I replied I checked my gmf portal and it has populated!

1 Like

Keep us updated what numbers youā€™re getting. I just got my lessor-released title and got some numbers from carstub and mycarauction because they accept the lessor-released title (so I donā€™t have to pay tax in CA), but am only getting about $26-28k for optioned out EUV Premier.

@luboss17 @bb86 I completed SOC Dec4. VIN was not updated until very end of Jan. I did call GMF a few times in Jan to try to get things moving faster because my lease was up Jan 21. There is an official 10 day grace period after your lease end to get affairs in order. Luckily my VIN was updated in this 10 day grace window, otherwise I think I would have needed to go month-to-month.

So weird that I did mine 2 days after you and it took another 3-4 weeks to get vin updated.
Also crazy how low those offers areā€¦probably better to buy out and then sell no?

I donā€™t think buying it will make that much difference. I think all will be under $30k. All the options donā€™t add much in resale, plus the introduction of the $7500 fed rebate probably lowered values.

1 Like

Yeah, I swapped out to a Silverado so still have about $13k equity according to local GM dealer and a few other sites. Didnā€™t buy it out so will sell to GM to avoid the hassle and waiting for title.

Anyone realized equity from lease? Have a few questions about selling to gm vs. buying and selling to pp

Hey Guys. I completed the SOC and picked up my 2023 EUV in January. It was a 1 pay lease in California and I have about a year left on the lease. I just received the title from the DMV for the EUV. The title shows me as the owner, not the leasing company. Iā€™m guessing something went wrong when I went in and sat down with the finance guy while picking up the new car. What do you guys thinkā€¦ should I let someone know I have the title in hand? or just ride it out until the end of the lease. Did this happen to anyone else that completed the SOC with a leased car?

Same thing happened to me. You got all your taxes covered by GM as a gift. GMF account will still be open so keep that in mind.

Same situation here too, with a one-pay on a '20 that was swapped for an EUV (in FL). Not really sure how it will play out at lease end.

You guys are lucky. I just bought out my EUV SOC and had to pay taxes. Also GM Financial sandbagged mailing the title to me so I had to pay late fees on the title transfer.

Same options as before. Return vehicle or pay off the residual amount.

Thanks for the repliesā€¦ So if I buy out the lease in a year, I just get to skip the title transfer step at the DMV (and the taxes for doing so)? everything else stays the same? thatā€™s cool.

Should be no title transfer since the title is in your name.

Yeah basically GM paid for your first year reg on new car and covered the taxes too.

Update on my CA 2022 Bolt SOC - lease ends July 2024.
I submitted documents on January 27th, and received the offer letter today (3/8). Says I need to pay $90 due to the MSRP difference. EUV is scheduled to arrive in early April.

Oh wowā€¦ so it would be a tax free purchase at the lease end!!!

Missed itā€¦ I sold my EUV :slight_smile:

Same happened to me when I did it in March last year, however I got 2nd reg card in the mail after couple of months that shows ACAR Leasing on it.
Funny story, I got pulled over couple of days ago, and cop asked me if the car was under my name I said yes. Cop said, ā€œAre you sure car is not under a company name?ā€ I pull reg car and remembered ohh yes I have 2 reg cards one on my name and one on company name. It was confusing. Same plate but two reg cards with different names.

I looked at mine as my lease is up in September 2023. GM only paid taxes like it was a three year lease in my paperwork at least. I will find out more when I buy the car.

1 Like

Lucky you, i was not entertained, i creaTed case on january 4thā€¦
I am going through lemon lawyer now

Ended up selling my swapped 2022 Bolt, GM ended up paying me to drive two Bolts 42k miles, $3500 :joy:. Itā€™s going to be hard to do that again.

2 Likes