GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Why the about face for SOC?

Maybe they figured out people were flipping the SOC?

For those who have gone through the lemon law route. Which I’m really leaning into, sending my necessary documents to Adam as we speak. Should I cease communications from the EV concierge.

Also if anyone would be willing to share their experience in private that would be great. I’ve never even contacted an attorney before, but am trusting the resources on this forum as they haven’t “steered” me wrong :upside_down_face:

Don’t say anything about a Lemon Lawyer or cease communication with GM concierge until lawyer has reviewed you case. They will tell you what to do next.

1 Like

Totally agree

Copy that.

I sent my documents over this morning for review.

Yes, indeed. Once you enter into a representation agreement, ask for advice on communication with GM.

You may also want to reach out to more than one attorney. Would you ever consider cars from only one dealer?

You may receive an offer to represent you to recover up to 100% of what you’ve paid without out of pocket fees, plus 25-40% contingency split for any settlement or penalty beyond what you’ve paid. A good deal for you would be the lower end of that range.

Those starting the lemon lawyer route… just be aware they’re not going to be able to force GM to SOC your current car. Likely you will have to return the car and get some settlement money, but you will still need to get into a new car somehow someway (unless your Bolt was an extra car). Just something to keep in mind.

3 Likes

Great point

chicago fire GIF by NBC

1 Like

Totally agree, for those that are just starting SOC or contacting an attorney. Be aware at least in the state of California, after your usage deduction and the need to return the car within 30 or 60 days once you reach a settlement with GM I don’t believe you’ll get more than $7500 in cash.

For those who have a lease SOC was/is the best route to take. Lately I’ve been hearing whispers that GM is not providing/offering SOC. I would be persistent with them. Bear in mind the Frontline people that you start to speak with really don’t offer that until you’re finally in touch with your re-purchase coordinator whom is likely the third or fourth person you’ll speak with.

Once you’re assigned to the re-purchase coordinator they will follow through with you until your case is closed. Best of luck to all.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply, could you elaborate more of what the CA law is for a lemon lawsuit?

I leased in October of 2020. My lease is coming due this year. My purchase price after my lease is like 23k.

Sold my 2022 bolt EUV under 4k miles to autonation for $25k. Chevy dealer 1 offered $24k, Chevy dealer 2 didn’t not offer but would have been well below autonation, gmtv offer $26k but can’t buy gm lease, carmax can’t buy gm lease, equity hackr $20250.

My mach e delay in delivery cost me over $5k in equity. Not to mention Chevy dropping msrp by $6k right when I did the SOC in June.

I am confused, so you bought out your SOC Bolt EUV and sold to Autonation for $25k but got $20250 in equity? I am interested to find out how people do with buying out the SOC vehicles from GM and then sell for a positive equity. Please advise.

No, the equity hacker was the worst offer by a lot, offer of $20250 minus the payoff under $20k so it would have given me the least equity. The main point was that $25k is the highest offer I got and the $20k equity hacker was the worst offer I got from the 1-2 days of offers I tried to get over the weekend.

I see, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense now.

Thanks for the data point. Sucks offer are that low now. Was sale after the new year or before?

1 Like

Just this past weekend

I am working on my 2022 SOC; however, I cannot obtain an order number from a dealer because GM is not taking orders. This has been going on for three weeks and I was initially told it was due to the holidays.

Has anyone been able to order any vehicles from GM?

You dont actually need to place an order to get an order number.
Anything on the way that isnt sold should work for you too.

Sounds like they just arent willing to work with you and you should find another dealer.

I thought on SOC it’s all about allocation, and GM would give a new order allocation to the servicing dealer. Never knew you could take something off their lot, why would the dealer do that?