GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Depends what state you’re in. If you’re in CA they will not give you the difference of the MSRP if the replacement car has a lower MSRP than your Bolt.

Thank you for the reply. I am in new jersey. Do you have any idea ant nj?

I tried searching on internet but no luck

Hey did you receive the cheque for msrp difference? I am in process for finalizing the replacement.

Hey did you receive the cheque for msrp difference?

I have not received it yet. I am supposed to receive it soon. My GM Financial account has not been updated to reflect my new VIN yet so I believe that’s part of why it hasn’t happened yet.

You got approved for a SOC?

Everyone I know in NJ that asked for one recently was denied.

In NJ you do get the MSRP difference. I beleive the max is ~5k more than that will be denied.

Thank you for the quick reply :slight_smile:

I have been asked to select any GM car and share VIN since BOLT is not available. I will keep posting updates on how it goes.

I am okay for 5k but what is there is more msrp difference they will not allow me to do SOC or they will give me 5k difference and allow SOC?

That’s a question you’ll have to ask your case manager. Looks like there’s been mixed experience with MSRP differences greater than $5k for non-CA-based lessees based on what others in this thread have previously shared.

1 Like

Yes even i saw few posts, but i saw two posts in nj where they allowed msrp difference of more than 5k

I am planning to select Blazer LT version which has arnd 38k msrp and my bolt msrp is 44k

Why is the Bolt unavailable?

Everything is sold here and all in transit ones are booked. I reached out to almost all dealers. They say if i out a order it will be 3-4 months.

I think you first need to clarify if youve been approved for a SOC. No need to put in all the work of finding a car until then.

Of the 3 cases that have been opened in the past few months that I know about in NJ all were denied SOC due to a battery fix being available.

If and when youre approved for SOC the best bet would be to get a car thats on order and not spoken for.

There may have been 1 or 2 people in this thread that got approved for more than a $5k difference but I wouldnt bet on it. Take a car with some more options.

Again this is all moot until you confirm that they are allowing SOC.

Hi, Can you please provide contact details about your lawyer you used? I am looking for a lawyer in CA. I have a 2020 bolt premier and looks like SoC option will be too late for me now.

Appreciate your help!.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi CertpharmT15,

Can you please provide the link for the lemon law attorney, I am not able to find the post for @mllcb42.

Thanks

1 Like

Adam Zolonz is who I have used and highly recommend:

https://www.lemonlawattorneyinla.com/

4 Likes
1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I initiated a SOC via the concierge but all in getting is delay after delay. They call every 2 days saying no updates have been provided. It has easily been 3 weeks with no updates just constantly calling me.

I’m going to reach out to this lemon law lawyer as well.

Thanks for the reference.

Edit: I just filled out their onboard form on their homepage. I’ll keep everyone updated.

They’re definitely saying no go on SOC. They’re offering to repurchase & have him buy a new car under new contract aka “Trade Repurchase”

Thank You very much!