Genesis GV80 Coming Soon

I think just stupid. Really rich people haven’t gotten on the genesis bandwagon yet, they are still stuck at lexus

5 Likes

Or just rich. I’m sure the car itself is lovely. If you can easily afford it and want it, why not?

Is that the average buyer though? I’m thinking the majority of folks buying these are the keeping up with the Jones types: $120-160k a year salary, corporate gig, $550-700k home (overextended), some money in a 401k through work but behind on investing, $8k in checking (which is too low), spend as much as they make, gotta keep up appearances with the newest thing.

And you just sold yours :grin:

I seriously doubt the target demographic for a $70+K SUV is making that as a salary, but the dealers and brokers would know more about.

I imagine the target buyers easily have a household income of $300K+ (and would imagine that even one person in the household would pretty easily have that income).

That thing is ugly!

Wouldn’t be so sure, the average income of an s-class buyer is 370k

S-class 110k
GV80 70k

shhhhhhh…

Do you have data on the median income of a GLE/X5 buyer? Would be interesting to see how that compares to an S-Class.

2 Likes

Not sure, but I’d be interested in that. Interesting statistic.

According to this, 125k across all X models.

My guess would be around 175k for the X5.

Fascinating… Mainly b/c it makes me think about my income and how I spend it vs. other people. And it makes me a little worried about how other people spend their $. But it’s none of my business… :wink:

Okay, so maybe the initial GV80 buyers are more not-smart than fabulously rich, if they are w/i this demographic.

Still, congrats to @vinji for landing those sales.

Dumb question but do people really get 70k car with 8k in their checking? Going to tell my wife let’s go nuts

I don’t always keep that much in my checking. Don’t really feel the need to keep more.

I only keep enough to pay my bills everything else is savings/stock market

Of course not… Most of the America is not that conservative with their money… Besides, $300K+ is a very healthy income for most households if it is safe and consistent…

Keep in mind the cost of living is vastly different across america, so the salary doesn’t say anything about disposable income

4 Likes

True, but the number in question is $300K per year. It’s comfortable middle class even here in So-Cal.

Wow, look at the well to doer driving that 75k Hyundai.

Put a Hyundai GV80 next to an equally priced X5 and pick the one you want.
How many sane people would pick a Hyundai? And in their first year of production?
There are a lot of dumb people buying cars.

1 Like

My last Genesis they picked up my G80 and dropped of a G80 during services. We did not have any issues till about the last service only because they had no inventory. Ultimately they offered a free rental option it was 1 day so I opted out.

1 Like