Genesis GV80 Coming Soon

I’ll say this, Tellurides sold over MSRP and held their value really really well. There are plenty of people who want to be the first to roll around in this, and will be the first to list on the secondary market. Probably not a terrible deal.

The point is that Hyundai should do what Subaru does with Ascent - stick to its niche. But they try to fight in a heavyweight (luxury) division at a disadvantage from the start (mark up, bad leasing programs).

Nice car, but not $75,000 nice. You can be in range rover sport, X5, Q7 category all of which come with a luxury car buying and service experiences. 100% would take this over something like a MDX.

This has everything I’d want in a Buick.

1 Like

I remember people were saying the same thing about value and luxury when Lexus launched. People didn’t want to pay more for a Toyota. Now Lexus, while they sometimes make some boring design choices, is considered a solid luxury vehicle with excellent reliability.

I hope that eventually Genesis achieves the same badge recognition, because they’ve been really working hard at designing and building some great vehicles. I say this as somewhat of a badge snob.

And Timer Off! Sold for 78,8! Customer in the box Signing :+1:
Congrats Julie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

GV80 start at 49,5 msrp with very well equipped packages.
This Specific one was Fully loaded one with AWD with the bigger engine and Prestige package with
22-inch Alloy Wheels
Nappa Leather Seating Surfaces
12.3-inch 3D Digital Cluster
Remote Smart Parking Assist
Lexicon Premium Audio w/ 21 Speakers and so on…

But did it come with the best customer service and a one stop shopping experience?

7 Likes

That’s the amazing slogan of another dealer on here

1 Like

How does service work with “Genesis” dealers. Is it like Alfa Romeo where you still end up with a Chrysler as a loaner (in this case a Hyundai)?

As someone who leases a Stelvio, was always given an Alfa as a loaner.

How is this supposed to be competitive if I can get an X5 for much less? Isn’t the point of Genesis to be less than BMW/Audi/MB, color me confused.

1 Like

I haven’t sat down with the build tool, but I’m curious if a comparably equipped x5 actually is cheaper to purchase.

Dealer markups and poor incentives on the vehicle will keep the lease payments high for a little while, but they’ll come down eventually.

2 Likes

A fully loaded Q7 executive is 70k.

Just looking at msrps (not payments) I don’t know how successful this will be.

The answer is yes. Currently, a custom ordered X5 can be had for 10-12% off MSRP + incentives.

1 Like

you get a designated GXM for your Genesis Service Valet They bring another Genesis to your home or work, and bring your car back to you when it’s ready… both maintenance and service valet are complimentary

Doesn’t every major luxury brand do this?

Are the maintenance and service valet complimentary or are they part of the $3,000 markup over MSRP you’re asking people to pay?

depends on the dealer, I got Alfa loaners as well but it was Alfa/Maserati dealer only. I’m sure if I had gone to the Alfa/Fiat dealer would have gotten a Fiat

Right, but it couldn’t be when it first came out. The lease pricing on this currently is obviously going to hurt; a lot. But let’s try to look at the overall pricing strategy over a longer term.

Genesis’s business model has always been about punching above their weight class from a pricing standpoint.

Here’s what I’m seeing from the build sites of both: a loaded GV80 maxes out at about $66k MSRP (I can’t for the life of me figure out how the one in this thread has an MSRP over $70k, unless there are options that genesis does not list on their website).
A comparably equipped X5 is about $77k