Genesis GV80 Coming Soon

Good that your wife are in to cars tho…

I second that, my wife couldn’t care less what she drives. Makes it hard to convince her to care about what I drive.

1 Like

Official review

1 Like

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the RX-L’s third row…as long as you don’t have legs.

2 Likes

For those of you in NYC, Genesis has a very Nice pop-up show room at the mall at Hudson Yards. They have the GV80 on display along with their sedans.

I just got a chance to check it out with my family, we walked away very impressed. Would love to see some good lease hacker deals on the SUV.

:joy: Same old pattern of Volvo advertising… Volvo is spending a lot of money in forums with freelancers!
Volvo in reality is in the same class as Mitsubishi, VW, Kia and Hyundai.

Which class is that?

Having gone from a Volvo to a Hyundai, I do not agree.

2 Likes

I think I agree with you (we’re saying Volvo is a step up, right?). I found that a family member’s XC90 was much nicer than my Genesis

Yes, the overall fit and finish, etc is a step up.

With a lack of a solid dealer network, its going to be tough leasing or buying. The product itself just like any other genesis is a solid entry more in your face German then minimalist Swedish. (alot of the designers came from the european luxury marques).

Genesis is trying the Lexus of the 90s recipe and I hope they make it.

But Volvo is the only name that sounds like lady parts.

3 Likes

Mulva? 20202020

This is absurd. I got an 87K fully loaded X5 40i discounted to 76K. There’s absolutely no reason whatsoever to pick this overpriced Genesis.

1 Like

Did anyone else notice the “little tree” air freshener? Seems kinda odd for a new unit…or so I assume being that they are just now hitting lots. Or are they plagued by the notorious Palisade head rests too! :thinking:

I’m sure you purchased the first X5 one on ground :joy:
but oh wait G01 debuted 2 years ago…

If you’re going to try and get a jab in, make sure you know how to aim.

1. It’s the G05, not the G01. G01 is the X3.
  2. At launch, X5 already had a $1000 Loyalty incentive, $1000 CCA rebate, and a 5-6% discount.

The Genesis is a nice vehicle for sure, but at the same price of an X5 or a GLE, it’s no competition.

1 Like

Saying no competition is harsh. I’m a BMW guy currently driving an X7. But looking at the reviews and pictures of GV80, the materials used look at par if not better than germans.

1 Like

Well, to be fair, at least it has a platform that isn’t shared w/ any Kia/Hyundai (non-Genesis) product?

But, yes, I think the mark up is ridiculous.

Materials are one thing, but where it fails is the driving comparison and fuel economy, both of which are well behind the X5, especially when you figure in options on the X5 like the M Sport Differential, Dynamic Handling Pack, and rear wheel steer.

The other failure is the almost complete lack fo customization, which is incredibly important to luxury buyers. The X5 lets you mix/match exterior colors, interior colors, various types of leathers, various trim materials, and different tire and wheel combinations. The Genesis can’t compete there.

And, most buyers in this price space lease instead of buy, and I can all but guarantee you an X5 leases better than this. So, when I say competition, it’s taking a lot of these factors into consideration too.

1 Like