Genesis GV80 Coming Soon

my second one landed…
I’ll put Timer on this one too!

Back when I had my Genesis, it was the same as owning any other car in the Hyundai lineup. Zero difference. Maybe that’s changed in the last couple of years, but I highly doubt it. No concierge, no pick-up/drop-off, etc.

I definitely had a love-hate experience with mine. Loved the ridiculously low payment for entry-level luxury, but the customer experience was awful since Hyundai never effectively did anything to differentiate service or expectations between the brands. The new cars look really nice, though. I hope they’ve figured out all the electrical issues.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: First GV80 deal 3.5T AWD

You don’t need to post the same things twice in different threads.

4 Likes

Oh I see the context now. I’m rather surprised a Genesis at 66k sticker is equipped the same as a $77k X5. I would have thought the delta would be greater.

It’s tough to say. The genesis website is pretty crappy for actually diving in to what the packages get you and stuff like “quality of interior materials” is tough to quantify.

Jesus people are rich and stupid.

2 Likes

I think just stupid. Really rich people haven’t gotten on the genesis bandwagon yet, they are still stuck at lexus

5 Likes

Or just rich. I’m sure the car itself is lovely. If you can easily afford it and want it, why not?

Is that the average buyer though? I’m thinking the majority of folks buying these are the keeping up with the Jones types: $120-160k a year salary, corporate gig, $550-700k home (overextended), some money in a 401k through work but behind on investing, $8k in checking (which is too low), spend as much as they make, gotta keep up appearances with the newest thing.

And you just sold yours :grin:

I seriously doubt the target demographic for a $70+K SUV is making that as a salary, but the dealers and brokers would know more about.

I imagine the target buyers easily have a household income of $300K+ (and would imagine that even one person in the household would pretty easily have that income).

That thing is ugly!

Wouldn’t be so sure, the average income of an s-class buyer is 370k

S-class 110k
GV80 70k

shhhhhhh…

Do you have data on the median income of a GLE/X5 buyer? Would be interesting to see how that compares to an S-Class.

2 Likes

Not sure, but I’d be interested in that. Interesting statistic.

According to this, 125k across all X models.

My guess would be around 175k for the X5.

Fascinating… Mainly b/c it makes me think about my income and how I spend it vs. other people. And it makes me a little worried about how other people spend their $. But it’s none of my business… :wink:

Okay, so maybe the initial GV80 buyers are more not-smart than fabulously rich, if they are w/i this demographic.

Still, congrats to @vinji for landing those sales.

Dumb question but do people really get 70k car with 8k in their checking? Going to tell my wife let’s go nuts

I don’t always keep that much in my checking. Don’t really feel the need to keep more.