Genesis G70 Offer - Long Island

Your money… and just my opinion… but if I had $500/month to spend I’d be traveling a bit to a motivated BMW/Infiniti/Lexus dealer and driving a nicer car back home.

What cars from those manufacturers are “nicer”? Just a question.

1 Like

It’s a badge thing. If you did a comparison without the badges inside or out between this and a similarly equipped BMW, Audi, etc. most people wouldn’t be able to tell difference.

That’s what I was getting at. Certainly driven everything out there at this price point and the G70 is solidly equipped.

2 Likes

When you say a nicer car it would be a “nicer “ brand but it would have WAY less options. I have been looking at M340 S4 and G70 and yes when you compare to the MSRP they don’t lease well but when you compare what you are getting for the monthly payments versus the competition it is good. To get a comparably equipped M340 would be $200 more a month you would need to check every option box. Have you seen the options list on the top trim G70? So yes it’s a lot for a Hyundai but you get a lot.

3 Likes

Yes BMW’s lease better than these but please dont recommend a Inifiniti to anyone. I mean why even do such a terrible thing to people :wink:.

@Long_island have you searched the forums? Try to replicate this deal:

3 Likes

You might find a faster car at an Infiniti dealer, but it certainly wouldn’t be nicer.

2 Likes

I think my main question was not whether or not there’s better cars out there or there’s better lease deals out there. Simply just is this a good deal on this particular car. I attached the lease sheet and everything I was able to get out of the dealership. Same guy texted me today saying the rebates got even better hes checking to see exactly what they are.

I think they’re good cars, but man, I still think their leasing options are far behind the competition. Many have said you’re better off financing a G70 than to lease. Out here in IL they wanted $3k down for $560 a month on a 36mo/10Kmi lease. The lowest I got them was $530. I still don’t think the G70 is worth over $500 per month on a lease basis. For some reason they have this border to not go under $500.

Salesmen called me back stating rebates went up to 5500 + 1000 conquest = 6500… hes claiming he can get me $479 with just first and DMV. I asked him to send me the lease sheet . Waiting on that now .

3 Likes

If it’s between a 330i or a G70 3.3 I’d take the G70 but if you can afford around 620-640$ you could definitely get into a M340i. Contact @Bacons_C.C easy.

have you watched the reviews or better yet driven the new G70?? it’s plenty powerful, actual sports sedan sized like a E92 3 series type, handles very well, looks are subjective of course but its refreshing and sharp. Interior is no Audi/or Benz but still nice. For 10-15k less than its competition. I drive an M340i but still had I wanted to stick to my original budget more I’d have considered a G70 easy. What else in this segment would you prefer a Kia Stinger?? The 3.3 is certainly more car than a 330i or an A4.

If I can really get 479 first and DMV down. on a 3.3T Elite I’m going to take it . msrp is 48,770. The cars have been on the lot for a while now and I’m working a two car deal one for me and one for a close buddy of mine.

1 Like

Of course. I feel as if inside it is just a rebadged Kia Optima SX-L (nothing wrong with that, but not for 20k more). It uses the same navigation interface system from the 2011 Kia Optima SX-L, the leather and stitching is also right of out the SX-L trim. It even has the same smell inside and plastic trim. The blinker sound, and other things give a very strong resemblance to the Optima. Drive wise, it has good acceleration, but I still think that an Infiniti Q50RS or Audi S4 is a much better buy for the money. Those who don’t like Infiniti’s touchscreens and platform may go and buy something else. The S4 lacks a touchscreen and is a problem to some also, with it’s limited space in the back. The BMW 3 series I would not even want to look at, but that is just me. Either way, I think all the cars in this class are respectable, but I wouldn’t want to pay 500+ for a Hyundai branded vehicle.

The only Genesis I actually like the is the G80 3.3T, but that car is absurdly expensive, yet I do like it’s style and interior. It’s very upscale, comfortable, and unique. If it could be had in the upper 400’s, I wouldn’t mind giving one a try. I can’t justify paying $750 for a G80, when for 400+ you can pretty much get many luxury vehicles.

1 Like

So you would rather pay more and get far Less with another car? Like I said above I am in the market and have been looking at all these cars. I can get a top trim G70 for $550 you can’t get any m340 for that. you are not comparing Apples to apples for the same price you would get a stripped beemer or a loaded G70. I am sorry but it is hard to take your recommendations seriously when you recommend an Infiniti with this 2008 tech over a G70.

I wouldn’t take the Infiniti for $100 less per month.

1 Like

What do you mean as in far less? From a features perspective the Q50RS and S4 both offer very comparable features within its class. I can’t recall a major feature on top of my head that either car lacks against the G70. I would assume you are looking at sporty sedans since you want dynamics, and the addition of cooled seats isn’t a deal breaker. As I recall, the m340i also does not have many of these features, and even acc is optional.

Performance wise if I am correct both the Q50RS and S4 are faster in the quarter mile (as tested the Q50RS traps 112mph) than the G70 3.3T.

I wouldn’t take the Infiniti for $100 less per month.

If you don’t like Infiniti, don’t get one. What’s the issue. Pay more for a Hyundai. Your choice.

For the same price you can get a loaded S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar, IS350 F-Sport, and many more vehicles. That is just my take on this.

I am sorry but it is hard to take your recommendations seriously when you recommend an Infiniti with this 2008 tech over a G70.

The G70 uses 2011 tech by the way, which is identical to the one of the 2011 Optima SX-L. The Q50 does not use 2008 tech. The infotainment was designed in 2014, hence it is newer than the G70’s. Also they have AppleCar Play and Android Auto now. The BOSE sounds really good too.

1 Like

The cheapest S4 starts at 55k and the Q50 RS is close to 60. The G70 Max’s out at 50 in RWD trim At a higher price point they don’t offer any of these:

Heads up display
360 camera
Ventilated seats
Napa leather
Brembo brakes
LSD
Forward Collision-Avoidance w/Pedestrian Detection
Adaptive cruise with stop and go
Lane Keeping Assist
Heated rear seats
Wireless charger
Alloy pedals

All for 50K

You are free to have whatever take you want however your making inaccurate claims. Saying they have more or better features is just wrong. If you have personal preference just say that. I have an S90 and test drove the S60 it is boring to drive as is the Lexus.

Yes the Q60 has the same nav infiniti has had four almost 10 years that is a fact. What exactly in the G70 is old tech? Of course they are going to use some shared parts from their parts bin. It’s the only way you can offer everything they offer for 50K but there is a reason it won car of the year.

I have no skin in the game here I don’t own either car. I just want to stick to facts no fiction.

1 Like

This is a lease forum, so I have no clue what msrp has to do with anything. You can get either car in the 500s. The G70 with awd is closer to mid 50s (since both Infiniti and Audi will be awd).

If that’s what you need, and Accord Touring has most of these features, beside the nappa and 360. A Maxima Platinum has ventilated seats, Pedestrian detection, nappa, panaroma sunroof, 360 camera, acc, bose audio, etc…for even less and still 300hp. The new Q50 I think will also come with HUD and pedestrian detection. It has a 360 camera also, and upgraded sport seats.

If we are talking tech, most of the technology and features in the G70 are from the 2011 Optima SX-L. Maps, seat ventilation, materials, leather, infotainment, maps, etc…yes it’s shared, but it’s still almost 9 years old.

The new Infiniti has a system from 2014, and that’s not 10 years old as you said. The infotainment was updated after 2013.

The only S4 you can get in the 500s is a stripped premium car. You are not refuting anything I have said you are proving my point. I didn’t say no other cars had these features. I said no other car offers all these things for near this price point. I have no idea what the accord has to do with anything. That is a completely different car. We are are talking about performance sedans. The maxima? seriously? Does the 300 HP maxima do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds?

No they added a second screen on the bottom in 2014. The top maps screen is still from 2008

1 Like

The only thing it has to do with anything is the fact this kid can derail a thread faster than any human possible.

OP didn’t ask if Dmitri would pay 500 for a Hyundai, he asked if it was a good deal. Yet Dmitri spun it into Infiniti, BMW and Audi just like always. OP didn’t ask what was the best car off the line; OP didn’t ask if Infiniti has the worlds best Infotainment system; OP didn’t care that Dmitri wouldn’t pay 500 for a Hyundai, and considering OP isn’t spending Dmitri’s money, there’s no cause for concern… He simply asked if it was a good deal for a Genesis.

This is standard operating procedure for this troll. Bash certain cars while pushing an archaic one, tossing some useless 0-60 stat, or even better, a video, cause that really matters for 99% of the owners, considering a mere fraction actually track their DD.

So to answer your question…Accord has nothing to do with anything, just like Infiniti, BMW and Audi don’t either.

Oh, IDK…maybe that whole pesky lease calculation.

Now, at this point, I can say to get back on topic, so when he eventually comes and tries to continue to derail this post, I can move his comments where they belong…off-topic landfill.

1 Like