Genesis G70 Offer - Long Island

What do you mean as in far less? From a features perspective the Q50RS and S4 both offer very comparable features within its class. I can’t recall a major feature on top of my head that either car lacks against the G70. I would assume you are looking at sporty sedans since you want dynamics, and the addition of cooled seats isn’t a deal breaker. As I recall, the m340i also does not have many of these features, and even acc is optional.

Performance wise if I am correct both the Q50RS and S4 are faster in the quarter mile (as tested the Q50RS traps 112mph) than the G70 3.3T.

I wouldn’t take the Infiniti for $100 less per month.

If you don’t like Infiniti, don’t get one. What’s the issue. Pay more for a Hyundai. Your choice.

For the same price you can get a loaded S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar, IS350 F-Sport, and many more vehicles. That is just my take on this.

I am sorry but it is hard to take your recommendations seriously when you recommend an Infiniti with this 2008 tech over a G70.

The G70 uses 2011 tech by the way, which is identical to the one of the 2011 Optima SX-L. The Q50 does not use 2008 tech. The infotainment was designed in 2014, hence it is newer than the G70’s. Also they have AppleCar Play and Android Auto now. The BOSE sounds really good too.

1 Like

The cheapest S4 starts at 55k and the Q50 RS is close to 60. The G70 Max’s out at 50 in RWD trim At a higher price point they don’t offer any of these:

Heads up display
360 camera
Ventilated seats
Napa leather
Brembo brakes
LSD
Forward Collision-Avoidance w/Pedestrian Detection
Adaptive cruise with stop and go
Lane Keeping Assist
Heated rear seats
Wireless charger
Alloy pedals

All for 50K

You are free to have whatever take you want however your making inaccurate claims. Saying they have more or better features is just wrong. If you have personal preference just say that. I have an S90 and test drove the S60 it is boring to drive as is the Lexus.

Yes the Q60 has the same nav infiniti has had four almost 10 years that is a fact. What exactly in the G70 is old tech? Of course they are going to use some shared parts from their parts bin. It’s the only way you can offer everything they offer for 50K but there is a reason it won car of the year.

I have no skin in the game here I don’t own either car. I just want to stick to facts no fiction.

1 Like

This is a lease forum, so I have no clue what msrp has to do with anything. You can get either car in the 500s. The G70 with awd is closer to mid 50s (since both Infiniti and Audi will be awd).

If that’s what you need, and Accord Touring has most of these features, beside the nappa and 360. A Maxima Platinum has ventilated seats, Pedestrian detection, nappa, panaroma sunroof, 360 camera, acc, bose audio, etc…for even less and still 300hp. The new Q50 I think will also come with HUD and pedestrian detection. It has a 360 camera also, and upgraded sport seats.

If we are talking tech, most of the technology and features in the G70 are from the 2011 Optima SX-L. Maps, seat ventilation, materials, leather, infotainment, maps, etc…yes it’s shared, but it’s still almost 9 years old.

The new Infiniti has a system from 2014, and that’s not 10 years old as you said. The infotainment was updated after 2013.

The only S4 you can get in the 500s is a stripped premium car. You are not refuting anything I have said you are proving my point. I didn’t say no other cars had these features. I said no other car offers all these things for near this price point. I have no idea what the accord has to do with anything. That is a completely different car. We are are talking about performance sedans. The maxima? seriously? Does the 300 HP maxima do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds?

No they added a second screen on the bottom in 2014. The top maps screen is still from 2008

1 Like

The only thing it has to do with anything is the fact this kid can derail a thread faster than any human possible.

OP didn’t ask if Dmitri would pay 500 for a Hyundai, he asked if it was a good deal. Yet Dmitri spun it into Infiniti, BMW and Audi just like always. OP didn’t ask what was the best car off the line; OP didn’t ask if Infiniti has the worlds best Infotainment system; OP didn’t care that Dmitri wouldn’t pay 500 for a Hyundai, and considering OP isn’t spending Dmitri’s money, there’s no cause for concern… He simply asked if it was a good deal for a Genesis.

This is standard operating procedure for this troll. Bash certain cars while pushing an archaic one, tossing some useless 0-60 stat, or even better, a video, cause that really matters for 99% of the owners, considering a mere fraction actually track their DD.

So to answer your question…Accord has nothing to do with anything, just like Infiniti, BMW and Audi don’t either.

Oh, IDK…maybe that whole pesky lease calculation.

Now, at this point, I can say to get back on topic, so when he eventually comes and tries to continue to derail this post, I can move his comments where they belong…off-topic landfill.

1 Like

I guess I meant brand recognition and it really comes down to my own biases and preferences. I’m sure the Genesis is a very nice car. Apologies if I rubbed you the wrong way with the comment.

Thank the Lord Jesus. I just want to know compared to deals people have seen or been offered is this good. With better rebate numbers out for October I should be getting a new offer today hopefully.

Let us know and just ignore @dmitry he tried to say the Accord has better performance and luxury than a BMW 540i.

The Genesis is a great dynamically and the look is pretty :fire:.

Also, have you looked into any BMW’s which tend to lease better and offer MSD’s outside of NY?

But let us know, have you tried to see about getting that 12% off before incentives?

I am going to ask for 12% . I was looking at BMW 330i X drive. with very little to no additional equipment , even on loaners the most any Long Island Dealer was giving was 14%. And only 1750 in incentives because I don’t have loyalty.

OP, I am the one who leased it recently in TX which @VirginiaBeacher referenced above. Unless you need bells and whistles, in my opinion Genesis 3.3T RWD base model (MSRP around $45K) is the one to go for. It offers most of the must have features with solid engine, leather seating and brembo brakes etc. Any optional packages will add to MSRP and since incentives are not high for additional package ones lease becomes relatively expensive.

Genesis may not lease well compared to one of those BMW loaner lease deals which very few can find and get, but you are still getting great car and value for money if you can keep it under $400. Also keep in mind in Genesis lease, there are non-existent finance charges so most of the lease payments are going towards depreciation. It may very well happen that these cars may not depreciate that much and there may be some equity left towards end of the lease. There is no possibility of positive equity in BMW deals. So in the end Genesis lease may turn out crazy good who knows but there is possibility.

I leased Acura MDX base for $400 in 2014 and ended up with almost 4.5K positive equity at the lease end so my net lease payment was $275. So I know its possible.

While you are correct, I wouldn’t hold my breath on a Genesis being worth more than buyout. Stranger things have happened though.

@Long_island Have you tried reaching out to various other dealers in the NY area? Also, you should as for 15% off and settle for less :wink:

Highly doubtful seeing the depreciation of the rest of the Genesis family. But like @mp11477 stranger things have happened…

@VirginiaBeacher @mp11477
Agreed. Not counting on it. I did my best to negotiate on the lease. But I am always hopeful when finance charges and residuals both are low. Also I do think G70 is different than rest of the genesis family where it has relatively rave reviews. Given this is first year for model, no one can really predict. Only time will tell. I am just stating it is a possibility.

I dont see you getting a much much better deal then that - the deal you have, the dealer gave you holdback and earnback.

Your best shot is to wait till end of month and try to get them to apply some flex (rebate) coupons, $500 each can apply up to four on a G70. Dealers have a limited supply of these coupons based on how many Genesis brand cars they sold the month prior.

These dealers have been struggling to keep these g70s in stock since release, no long island dealers to my knowledge are in an over surplus on their genesis ineventory, so I dont see any dealer wanting to lose money on them at this point. Maybe as the 2020s near closer, manufacturer steps up in rebates etc to help dealers offload the remaining units.

The dealership I’m dealing with has a few cars on car gurus over 160 days. Another salesmen from another dealer told me they are moving slow. The Stamford, CT dealer has 7 or 8 cars over 200 days on the lot. Their heads are just gassed up due to the Car of the Year award and all the stellar reviews.

I understand your point from a customers point of view. However, as I mentioned the dealers arent in the position at the current time frame where they have to get rid of that particular car (2019 G70) at a loss. The deal you got is a dealer taking a $0 deal. They are just simply giving you the car at cost, and moving a car off the lot.

Yes dealers have cars on the lot for x amount of days, but that is the reason you are getting the car discounted, keep in mind, several months ago the dealers were getting well above MSRP for them.

You also asked if you could get any better, which I provided an angle for you to continue your negotiations. Ask for some flex cash, whether you physically ask or just simply ask for another $1000 in discount to get you to your desired payment etc. Not sure if you have already moved on, or purchased or what. But if I was still in the market, I would continue talks with those dealers throughout the month, and as the month end nears, make an offer. If they need another unit, they will be more likely to deal and give you those coupons at month end.

Thank you for the Tips i am still in the market. My Infiniti Q50 isn’t due back until Nov 30th. I rather not get another Infiniti LOL

1 Like

Yeah skip the Nissan… I mean Infiniti. But I know i may get flack for this but if BMW aint an option you can always look at a Alfa Romeo Giulia which drive pretty amazing (and if its only a 2 year lease you wont have to worry about long term reliability):

Also, Westbury Alfa Romeo was offering a lease deal.

1 Like

Better than what I was offered back in March. 47k MSRP $600/m $2000 DAS, 12k/36m. Maybe they’ve been sitting too long in the lot so incentives are getting better and dealers are being more aggressive.

@Long_island did u get the car?
I went to a dealer in LI and was not getting anything near that deal.