Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

Me: how much off msrp can you do

Dealer: Good morning !

Thank you for inquiring with us here at “…” We have your received your offer via email regarding a percentage off MSRP. Our CX5s due to market value are currently flying out the door $2500 over MSRP. If you are interested, and ready, we are willing to only do $2000! Over MSRP!!! Let us know so we can lock in your vehicle!
Me: NOPE

7 Likes

Well there’s your problem…

Next time don’t ask them how much they want you to pay.

3 Likes

I did actually give them a offer, point is the reply was still ridiculous

Why? You asked them how much they’re discounting and they told you they are charging over msrp. Would you prefer they just ignore your question?

4 Likes

Most of the ones I tried in NY refused to talk numbers over email and insisted I had to come to the dealership.

Having said that 3 of them did respond with numbers but weren’t able to come close to matching Gupton and others (closest I got was $3000 more than Gupton after “including” affiliate).

and I bet ALL of those won’t give you a ‘good’ deal when you come in.

6 Likes

Usually how it works. Going into the dealership, seeing the car, and being sold into a not-so-optimal deal by the salesperson/manager can be a major driving force for an unaware consumer purchasing a car.

Well they certainly don’t tell you to come in because they want to help your negotiating position.

4 Likes

Had a dealer just tell me that :laughing:.

Was looking to match VROOM price on a trade-in for a purchased vehicle for sales tax saving on the new vehicle purchase. After sending some photos of the car, his response was “we have to see the VROOM quote in person.”

Same here. I got a $750 per month for a $60k MSRP 4Xe.

What a local dealer offered on my 56k Sahara 4XE

“ 51188 is invoice minus holdback minus 7500 rebate, 43688. Thats where I would entertain. Would wanna be closer to 42k“

I should tell him to call Daniel from Gupton for that price.

“I must tell you, we’re now looking for a minimum of $5,000 over MSRP for all four-door Defenders.”

::click::

5 Likes

From a VW dealership trying to sell me an atlas…

“It may sound expensive, but you are basically getting an Audi, so you gotta expect to pay Audi price”…

My response “If I am paying for an Audi then I am going to get one and not VW. Good bye!”

7 Likes

Then the Audi dealer says “You are basically getting a Bentley so…”

10 Likes

And the Bentley dealer says ‘You’re basically getting a McLaren’

2 Likes

Me: “Hey, I’m proud of your ambition. I’m looking for a free 4-dr Defender. Now that we’ve expressed our dreams, let’s talk real-world.”

8 Likes

You could also go to the Audi dealer and say “I’m basically getting a VW”…

2 Likes

From a humble owner of a Bentley lol

1 Like

After test driving 3 different BMW in NJ (x1, X3 and 330), dealer was way over what I was targeting. (I had numbers from here already, so I knew where I could be).

Low balled on my lease (I had offers 4K higher and he didn’t believe me)

Wouldn’t move on the numbers, said I should maybe consider a different BMW because “I assure you no matter what, you’d love driving a bmw”

Having already told him this in person, I repeated in the email “I would not. I’d go back to Subaru before driving the x1 again”

Surprisingly, he never replied back….:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Wym? The Atlas is BASICALLY a Urus lmfao.

3 Likes