Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

So which of those reasons justifies intentionally reducing your negotiating position?

All I see is an unnecessary waste of time.

7 Likes

you have no clue. When it comes to specialty purchases, you have to actually see the car to understand .

Have you even got into a fight in your whole life? Not that it is something anyone needs to do, but it helps understand your limits. It is great hiding behind a computer, but it also helps to get out in the real world . The world is very nice place. .

Very few specialty cars are ever seen in person before purchasing. But what is this specialty car you want to purchase where a salesman is giving you 4 square and wanting to fight?

11 Likes

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

You should start a poll, but my guess is a Civic Type-R.

2 Likes

maybe in your euro world. But in the muscle car world it is a little different.
this was many years ago, i am out of the car scene already.

Domestic people know this
TsGx8Tfafesssss

Let’s try this again without the name calling, folks. I deleted the offending post.

well, to be honest… a Dodge dealer does make much more sense for this story.

2 Likes

Start the poll so you can look like a Type-R person.
This does not fit in a Japanese compact (another specialty car i purchased)
2007 charger srt8 aaaeeee

I dont discriminate.
Your a Porsche guy right.
Had a few modified Porsches.
231076_1036402157966_7359_nxxx

Porsche? No. I mean, I’d like to be. But I’m not married to any brand. Although you’d think I’m a Mopar guy based on my current fleet.

I am not a Dodge guy but i do like SRT (was the top dogs for dodge 15 years ago)
YES , Dodge dealerships are a little ghetto. Yes, it was a dodge dealer.

2007 charger srt8 anrdess

2 Likes

It is not different at all other than the volume is higher and the price is lower. There are many specialty Mustangs, Camaros, and Hellcats that are sold before they hit the showroom floors. And I assume that is a RAM SRT-10. Is that the mystery, 4 square car?

1 Like

It is much different. The workers at higher end dealership are much more level headed , older, and less aggressive.

When Scion and Saturn was in business, they were the best because it was fix pricing. Super mellow.

In general, Dodge dealers are the worse. younger salesman , almost like going to a bar. Eventually end up arguing at times.

I have literally bought 100+ cars , Not a buying story but a selling story. Meet a guy just out of prison in a park to sell a car. Was the easiest deal ever, all cash, 5 minutes, appreciated the car. Was so enjoyable to see someone love the car. He was like “This is the car of my dreams…whoooo”… LOL (car was a red convertible z-28) . The strange thing is the easiest deals were with drug dealers, ex cons and young kids, all paid cash and loved the cars. Hard of find cars i guess. IDK.

For you Ford guys. Guess what this is. Nice pickup from a dealer that thought it was a regular GT. another funny story
ashsGyn6D Shelby GT 1xxxx

1 Like

My experience with older salespeople in the last few years is that they don’t like to give quotes over email and want me to come in to the dealership

Grand Caravan?

3 Likes

Womp womp

Market so hot Defender 110’s appreciate 2k/hour :fire::fire::fire:

8 Likes

Grandest Caravan.

3 Likes

I like that when they tried to use big words. “I was not privy to regarding…”, seems like the word regarding is redundant lol.

3 Likes

I just spoke to a sales person regarding a 4xe.

Me: can you let me know what percentage of discount are you offering on the MSRP other than the $7500 fed tax credit.

Salesperson: we need to run your credit and then we can share the info regarding your credit score

Me: I am asking about discount on top of fed credit.

Salesperson: we will know about credit info after running your credit, not before that.

Me: -------------

4 Likes