Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

Myspace only please!

1 Like

Me: “Well, I guess we can at least say that we tried” ~grabs keys off of desk and goes to leave"
Salesman: “What? What do you mean? You’re going to let the deal go over $100?”
Me: “Nope, YOU are.”

I got my $100 off (it was about principle at that point) and the bike is still in my garage today LOL.

2 Likes

With Stellantis the options are wide open. I’m personally waiting for my US-spec Hellcat PEUGEOT 508.

4 Likes

It’s just going to be the next gen Chrysler 300 most likely.

I don’t see Peugeot coming to the states anymore considering they have Chrysler.

Seems like a huge departure from the 300c design language to just slap the badge on the current 508 design.

Why would it seem like a huge departure? Didn’t the new Grand Cherokee take on the Stelvio platform?

It’s becoming more and more common for model syndication across global markets from merged manufacturers to cut down on costs. 300/Charger was previously on the same platform, but those are aging cars and architectures. What’s to say the Peugeot won’t assume the Giulia platform?

Oh, I can totally see it using the same platform. I thought you were saying they were going to start selling the 508 here badged as a 300c. The design language of the 300c has remained very consistent across its life, so going to something like the current 508 would be a massive course correction. Using the platform with a 300c looking body would totally make sense (although I thought Chrysler said the brand was only going to be used for Pacificas moving forward).

I see the 508 and 300 being very similar except for sheet metal. Different grilles, lights, some fender work, air work to not alienate the customer base.

I just expect there to be A LOT of crossover with platforms, engines, transmissions and suspension components. I see similar performance across the models. I just don’t see Peugeot coming to the States just to compete with Chrysler. Chrysler is already in the market…

There was talk for a while that Chyrsler was getting out of the sedan game all together and would only be producing the Pacifica variants and then an upcoming “Portal” van EV. It would be a cost savings approach to bring out the 508 without a complete reskin and brand it as a peugot, although you’re basically just handing costs off from product to marketing to try to make up for brand recognition woes.

1 Like

See VW’s MLB platform or BMW’s CLAR.

2 Likes

It only makes sense.

What’s more amazing about those platforms is they need to be able to satisfy a whole range of functions. The architectures end up being overengineered in order to be used as cargo vans to sports coupes and they need to last a long time.

1 Like

You should see what they’re doing with the VW MEB platform

https://insideevs.com/news/483152/volkswagen-meb-platform-will-float/

3 Likes

“I truly appreciate your offer but when the number I gave you was not to negotiate . you see you asked me for my best price so I gave it to you. Let me know if you interested in moving foward”
The next email he dropped the payment by $90

6 Likes

Buddy fwded this to me, and asked me to how to proceed…told him move on from the BS. He found a dealer who accepted the so-called outrageous terms without being dealersplained (if thats even a thing).

Heres my offer, can you do this deal?

Dealer response:
So this brand isnt like your typical brand with thousands of dollars of incentives. What we do is something like Stop and Shop and their produce. Stop and Shop buys their produce from a farmer for $X, and then they mark up $y, which is their profit. We buy our cars for $X and have $y as our profit. THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE WILL ACCEPT A $X-$Y DEAL! And we are the largest volume brand dealer in the country, so I know what deals are attainable!

2 Likes

Curious as to what manufacturer this was…

Sounds like something a boutique brand manager like Volvo would say, but also, it realistically could be anyone, nonsense knows no bounds.

1 Like

I love it when the SM/ISM/GSM gets down to - what are you trying to accomplish today?

Now we’re getting straight to the point… no more dancing :joy:

6 Likes

Dodge dealership, definitely.

After several attempts to get the breakdown of a VW Tiguan lease the dealer replied with…
“The money factor, selling cost & residual is more of a finance question. I deal with monthly payment, term and mileage on the lease. What day and time would work for you to come to the dealership and finalize your purchase.”

Every response ended with what day can you come in to finalize the purchase, or what time on xx day works for you… he wouldn’t even tell me a price initially unless I “came down for pricing”

1 Like

After the first time of them beating around the bush and refusing to share the info, you should have moved on.